ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 09-24-2015   #1
XfireZ51

Default Lost the love of my life Tuesday.

All, my daughter Alyssa wrote a wonderful note regarding the passing of my beautiful wife, Linda. On Tuesday, Linda finally succumbed to the endometrial cancer she battled for nearly 3 years. To say this is devastating is understatement. She was so incredibly strong. She has been my rock, the foundation of our lives together. I have been amazingly fortunate to have had her as my life partner all these years.

Dear family and friends,

My mother, Linda L Sorresso, passed away this morning at 10a, September 22nd, 2015. She slipped away peacefully, in the comfort of her bedroom, in the company of her family.
I want to thank everyone who has reached out, called, texted, delivered food and general taken care of my family during this difficult time. We deeply appreciate everything that you have done. I want to thank my aunts and uncles (Aunt Lisa Sherry Johnson, Aunt Jean Emmendorfer, Aunt Beth, Uncle Pat, Uncle Denny, Aunt Linda Sherry, Aunt Giovanna Multala, Uncle Henry, Aunt Carol, Aunt Maria Sam Josepher) and my other parents, Carol Chataigne and Duke Chataigne, who tirelessly took care of my mother, giving her medication, and working with hospice to keep her comfortable. They truly embody what family means, and I know my mother loves each one of you.

As much as we will miss her, she will miss all of you too, and the joy she took in talking to and cooking for you, being your confidant, nurse, home decorator, second mother, boss, friend, sister, aunt, wife and mother.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX

Last edited by XfireZ51; 09-24-2015 at 09:40 AM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #2
GOLDCYLON

Unhappy Re: Lost the love of my life Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post

All, my daughter Alyssa wrote a wonderful note regarding the passing of my beautiful wife, Linda. On Tuesday, Linda finally succumbed to the endometrial cancer she battled for nearly 3 years. To say this is devastating is understatement. She was so incredibly strong. She has been my rock, the foundation of our lives together. I have been amazingly fortunate to have had her as my life partner all these years.

Dear family and friends,

My mother, Linda L Sorresso, passed away this morning at 10a, September 22nd, 2015. She slipped away peacefully, in the comfort of her bedroom, in the company of her family.
I want to thank everyone who has reached out, called, texted, delivered food and general taken care of my family during this difficult time. We deeply appreciate everything that you have done. I want to thank my aunts and uncles (Aunt Lisa Sherry Johnson, Aunt Jean Emmendorfer, Aunt Beth, Uncle Pat, Uncle Denny, Aunt Linda Sherry, Aunt Giovanna Multala, Uncle Henry, Aunt Carol, Aunt Maria Sam Josepher) and my other parents, Carol Chataigne and Duke Chataigne, who tirelessly took care of my mother, giving her medication, and working with hospice to keep her comfortable. They truly embody what family means, and I know my mother loves each one of you.

As much as we will miss her, she will miss all of you too, and the joy she took in talking to and cooking for you, being your confidant, nurse, home decorator, second mother, boss, friend, sister, aunt, wife and mother.

Dom god bless and sorry about your loss. I cant even imagine my firend. Daryll
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 09-24-2015 at 11:35 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #3
Paul in SC

Default Re: Lost the love of my life Tuesday.

Dom, you have our deepest sympathies. God bless you and your family in your time of sorrow. Ann and Paul
1993 ZR-1 - "The Green Thing", LPE/LSV 385; 2021 HTC, Red Mist Metallic, Cool gray interior, stainless dual stripes; ZR-1 Net Registry #1376
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #4
FU

My sincere sympathies to you and your entire family Dom

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #5
Gunny

Dom,

So very sorry to hear of your loss ... please know that you have our deepest sympathies and are in our thoughts and prayers.

George
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #6
vilant

I am so sorry. My sympathies and prayers to you and your family.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #7
nelson007

So sorry to hear about the lost of your wife. I know exactly how you feel, for I also lost my wife July 3 this year.

Nelson 007

1993 #124 Ruby
1994 #??? Red/Black
1995 #061 Black/Red
2012 ZR1 Preproduction
nelson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #8
carter200

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I, too, have a Linda and know how precious they are. You and your family are in our prayers, Carter and Linda.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #9
JimZRyd

Sorry for your loss Brother. Prayers for you and your family.

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015   #10
efnfast

I'm always at a loss for words at a time like this. Dom, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. -Steve and Terry
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote