ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-15-2013   #1
Meanmyz

Default '95 Clutch Safety Switch Part #???

Hi guys.

Does anyone have the part number for the Safety interlock/clutch safety switch. From my quick search, I am gather that it is different than the '90-'92?

The dreaded "no start" has happened to me a few times on my yellow '95. I had the starter rebuilt last year and don't think it is that.

On the internet, in my Google search, I am getting conflicting information. I thought it was GM part #22620888, but I don't think that is it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #2
WVZR-1

Default Re: '95 Clutch Safety Switch Part #???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
Hi guys.

Does anyone have the part number for the Safety interlock/clutch safety switch. From my quick search, I am gather that it is different than the '90-'92?

The dreaded "no start" has happened to me a few times on my yellow '95. I had the starter rebuilt last year and don't think it is that.

On the internet, in my Google search, I am getting conflicting information. I thought it was GM part #22620888, but I don't think that is it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
10045822 is the clutch switch and it does all years '89 to end of production C4's! I believe that "Z51Jeff" has one he's looking to sell. I have one but I've not decided to actually sell yet. Jeff's I'm quite sure is NOS.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #3
Meanmyz

Thanks WVZR-1! I really appreciate the help.

I will do a little checking and keep Z51Jeff in mind, if he is willing to sell.

Again Thanks.
Old 07-15-2013   #4
Schrade

I might have this switch, in event you're still in need - will have to dig...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #5
Meanmyz

I did check a couple of places that I normally get parts from and they didn't have any.

I would like a NOS part if possible. Z51Jeff, Schrade, if you or anyone else has one and is looking to sell, please pm me with price. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013   #6
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
I did check a couple of places that I normally get parts from and they didn't have any.

I would like a NOS part if possible. Z51Jeff, Schrade, if you or anyone else has one and is looking to sell, please pm me with price. Thanks.
BlackbirdZ07 called for mine last night after I posted. It's not NOS however.

If he bails, l get to you on it.

Tried 'F-Parts'? http://www.contemporarycorvette.com/
Their website doesn't index squat - give them a call.

One here too:
http://www.gmpartseast.com/parts/gm-...switch-cl.html
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 07-16-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2013   #7
Meanmyz

Schrade, no dice on the links...they don't have the part.

I did send Z51Jeff a pm. If he has one, I would be interested in buying.
Old 07-16-2013   #8
Meanmyz

I also wanted to mention, I found gbmidyear66's thread from about a month ago on this subject. I really appreciate this forum and especially all the effort that members like Dynomite have gone through to help us find solutions to our problems.
Old 07-16-2013   #9
Schrade

Mine's gone there Jeff; Ryan got back to me on it.

I KNOW fparts has your switch - like I was sayin' their website doesn't index anything. Probably best to call...

Old 07-18-2013   #10
Z51JEFF

Anybody looking for this switch,keep in mind that a few places list it but when you call to purchase the switch,its NLA.I found this out last year when I was looking for one.Carters Corvettes had one last year,@ $200 they might still have it.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote