ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-22-2013   #1
Tony Davila

Default Tony D's Project corner (Heat extraction vents)

Some of you guys were wondering about my heat extraction vents that I made and I would like to share my endeavors with whom ever is interested.

---------------Project: Heat extraction.
Step 1: Design any pattern you desire to be cut out on your upper inner fender. Make a template then use a Dremel cutter or anything else that will cut plastic.
Step 2: Cut down the screen mesh to size. I went to Lowes and bought some gutter screen and this is what I used.
Step3: I used epoxy to attached the mesh to the back side of the opening. I did this back in 2003, it still is in tack.

This works pretty good at allowing the heat to escape. You can actually feel the heat roll out of the fender. I have not had any issue with water being splashed up inside of my engine compartment because of the pressure created from the movement of air from the radiator. So it works very well.

Tony Davila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Tony D's Project corner (Heat extraction vents)

Tony

That's awesome!

This kind of stuff is great for the newsletter!!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #3
Coupe89

Nice...

I did fans on mine a last year
1990 ZR-1 #642
Coupe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #4
Schrade

Paint the screens BLACK!!!

That would look nasty!!!!!!!!! (all except for the missing feathers on those chicken legs )

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote