ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-13-2016   #11
Kevin

Default Re: Change in Plans

Shame to hear you're selling your z. I've been in the same position a few times and always opted to keep the car. I'm a terrible wrench and not having anyone local is a real pain. I wonder if we can't find someone to come help you sort the thing out for you
Old 10-13-2016   #12
We Gone

Another sorry you are selling the ZR-1. If you were closer I would be happy to help with what I could. I wish you the best with your new Corvette and keep in touch.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016   #13
edram454

Thank you for all your kind comments. Unfortunately this is the way I had to go to avoid expensive towing charges and frustrating moments. I dont want you to think that my car has issues. My car runs like a bat out of hell. Everything works like it should and is well sorted. During the time it was at SGC it was reported at the plenum and injector housings to the max 37mm by Aaron. He reprogrammed the chip and installed a fidanza flywheel and a new corsa exhaust along with engine refinish. Unfortunately, when I finally got it home it developed a leak at the oil filter housing so I trucked it back up there and he had it another 3 weeks and guaranteed me it was a leaky oil sensor and was replaced. when i got it back down I didnt drive it for about two months just started it up gingerly and drove it around the block. it wasnt after I put it under load at the homestead track event that I noticed it leaking. That is the only problem it has but I also realized that when I retire in about 4 years I cannot afford to have issues at all with the car and get involved in more towing charges since there isn't anyone here to work on it so I made my decision.

The car is a fantastic car and runs very strong. It has many of the nice mods and a great color combo. someone will love this car since there is nothing to do on it just use it. I need a car that I can fix locally to avoid the extra grand on my bill. If I lived up near the top of Florida it would be no problem but being in Homestead I am 8 to 9 hours of driving just to get out of Florida. This car should have an owner who is capable and near some of the knowledgeable people who can take care of any issues it may have.

Thank You.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016   #14
Romeperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
Thank you for all your kind comments. Unfortunately this is the way I had to go to avoid expensive towing charges and frustrating moments. I dont want you to think that my car has issues. My car runs like a bat out of hell. Everything works like it should and is well sorted. During the time it was at SGC it was reported at the plenum and injector housings to the max 37mm by Aaron. He reprogrammed the chip and installed a fidanza flywheel and a new corsa exhaust along with engine refinish. Unfortunately, when I finally got it home it developed a leak at the oil filter housing so I trucked it back up there and he had it another 3 weeks and guaranteed me it was a leaky oil sensor and was replaced. when i got it back down I didnt drive it for about two months just started it up gingerly and drove it around the block. it wasnt after I put it under load at the homestead track event that I noticed it leaking. That is the only problem it has but I also realized that when I retire in about 4 years I cannot afford to have issues at all with the car and get involved in more towing charges since there isn't anyone here to work on it so I made my decision.

The car is a fantastic car and runs very strong. It has many of the nice mods and a great color combo. someone will love this car since there is nothing to do on it just use it. I need a car that I can fix locally to avoid the extra grand on my bill. If I lived up near the top of Florida it would be no problem but being in Homestead I am 8 to 9 hours of driving just to get out of Florida. This car should have an owner who is capable and near some of the knowledgeable people who can take care of any issues it may have.

Thank You.

ed ramos #3028
Were are you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Romeperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016   #15
Romeperformance

Never mind I see Homestead

Sent from my SM-G920V using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Romeperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016   #16
cvette98pacecar

Ed, it has been my pleasure talking with you all of these years. We still feel you are part of the group, so please don't become a ghost.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016   #17
edram454

Thank you Mr. cvette98pacecar. the pleasure has been mine. I will always check in on this forum. I will continue to be a paying member. I will be reading your posts in the future Mr. DeMarco.

Take Care,

ed ramos... A Corvette Enthusiast and your friend.

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
Old 10-15-2016   #18
8cam

Sorry to hear it Ed, but good luck with the sale. It's a nice one!
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016   #19
Bob Eyres

Ed, sorry to hear you're letting your Z' go, and I hope the fresh C5 fills your needs.
It makes me feel a little guilty that I have a local shop, Eismann's:

http://eismannscorvettecenter.com/default.aspx

right here in Jupiter, in Palm Beach County. I don't know if you've ever let them work on your car, but they've come in handy for me when I needed it, including replacing that oil gauge sender you were having a problem with. I'm not saying that I haven't had problems with them, but it's odd that there isn't one dependable shop in Miami that works on nothing but Corvettes? After all, the ZR-1 is 90% just an old C4.
These guys are not into doing the major mods that Aaron is well known for, but when I walked in their shop after buying my Z', (over 20 yrs. ago), I saw them working on Bill Mitchell's old C3, and a couple of the fastest 415 Lingenfelter ZR-1's at the time. I was confident they knew their stuff.

I know there comes a time when you want to make some changes. You have your reasons. But, if you change your mind some day, remember, these cars will be a great deal for quite a while into the future.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016   #20
edram454

Bob,
My mistake was makibg upgrades to my car. I never knew that it would leaf me to sell it. I felt confident in having aaron just over the state line but i thought he would be more diligent and thorough with his work but it didnt turn out that way. My car did not have any issues prior to me sending the car to sgc. I hsd a trucking company steal my deposit and never pick up my car. Yhey then put me on all truckibg boards with a ficticious load so i would receive thousands of solicitations for a tow, aaron also cracked my original wibdsheild claiming a bizarre accident but never offering to pay... He never offered to psy for sone tows considering it was his mistakes that msde me tow it back.. I went through a lot of stuff so i just soured on this thing. I wish i would have saved my 8 grand because now i am dure i will be offered low ball prices. This wont be the first time i lost money on a car but but the last for sure. Whomever buys it will be getting quite a car without issues. My oil leak will be resolved next week as a personal favor to me by a friend.

Life goes on...
Ed ramos