ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-07-2012   #11
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Haibeck sucess story

Bump!!! We can't even get 20 letters of support with all that he has done for the ZR-1 community? Please make the time to help out if you can.

Thanks for your support!

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #12
bobbyhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Bump!!! We can't even get 20 letters of support with all that he has done for the ZR-1 community? Please make the time to help out if you can.

Thanks for your support!

Craig
Less than 20 Letters?? As I said in my earlier note I thought that we could get 50 easy. Where is the "Brotherhood of the Beast"??? There is little time left to get the letters in.
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #13
PhillipsLT5

Has he answered your phone call & questions
Has he answered your e mails & questions
Has he worked on your car
Have you read or listened to any of his articles he has written
Have you bought any of his products he makes for our cars
Should I go on
Like Mon nite football
Cumon man!
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #14
ZR1North

21 people that have asked for the cover letter have yet to respond. Let's make this letter-writing Sunday. Don't worry about your writing skills - it's your views and or experiences with Marc that count. Share them the best way you can. Send to lambebob@hotmail.com.
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #15
efnfast

Sorry, it must be me. I can't find the story at the corvette forum. What are we nominating Marc for. My letter started "I'd like to support Marc Haibeck for" and realized I didn't know what I was supporting him for. Help me out so I can help Marc out, like Marc has helped me out.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #16
ZR1North

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Sorry, it must be me. I can't find the story at the corvette forum. What are we nominating Marc for. My letter started "I'd like to support Marc Haibeck for" and realized I didn't know what I was supporting him for. Help me out so I can help Marc out, like Marc has helped me out.
Thanks for checking in and agreeing to participate. We are nominating Marc for induction into the NCM Hall of Fame. Pls e-mail me at lambebob@hotmail.com if you need anything.

Many thanks.
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #17
Marv

Hello all,

It's me (msgordon) that posted the original article at the Corvette Forum. I finally renewed my membership here. I originally joined in 2008 but went AWOL!

I'll repost my story here in few days and update my profile.

I submitted my letter for Marc's nomination. Please, if you haven't yet done so, consider supporting this worthy cause.

I learned first hand how valuable Marc is to the ZR-1 community. He is not only a GENIUS, he is a an honest and true gentleman.

I look forward to becoming more active on this forum.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #18
bobbyhi

Welcome back Marv.. I'm sure that we will be seeing each other during the summer doing the shows...
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #19
Marv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhi View Post
Welcome back Marv.. I'm sure that we will be seeing each other during the summer doing the shows...
I promise to be more active this year!
Old 01-18-2012   #20
Marv

So here's the story.

I decided to have my zr-1 upgraded to the DRM 500 package in the spring of 2009 (picked it up in June of that year).

1990-95 ZR-1 Corvette

DRM intake camshafts
Ported cylinder heads
Ported plenum and injector housings
K&N air filter
Modified air filter lid
63mm throttle body
Custom computer calibration

I had previously upgraded to the chip, k&N and also added long tube headers and a Corsa catback. Prior to the DRM 500 completion i had a dyno of SAE 363.

I decided to upgrade because i was told the car would produce 440-450 on the dyno. With the completion of the work (including a new ignition coil, knock sensor and plugs) the best the car would produce was 416. Not much of an improvement considering almost spending $10K.

I was not given an explanation and wasn't all that happy with falling that far short of the verbal estimation of power. The car was in for additional work last year (injector problem) and the last dyno at DRM was 406. Obviously this wasn't headed in the right direction.

Being unhappy with the car's performance, i decided to give Marc Haibeck a try. I drove to Chicago and had a nice sit down with Marc. He would have to tear the car down to figure out the issue, but he guaranteed that i would get a minimum of 425 RWHP. Before starting work, Marc performed a base measurement that was 395 (heading south!).

After getting into the LT5, Marc found that the porting job was BAD. OE portsize is 33mm with optimal being 36mm. Marc found 34mm with some 35mm as well as 33mm on the secondary cylinder head side (not touched). The throttle body was 61mm (not the 63mm advertised). For those not familiar, Marc does ALL of his porting in house and he is very much a PERFECTIONIST. I decided to have Marc do the work. During the process of inspection he found that one of my lifters was scored and recommended replacing the "DRM Performance" cams with stock cams (he would time to 93+ specs). I also had him move the IATS and fix a few other non-performance items he found that needed attention.

To make a long story a little shorter....check the attachments. After Marc's magic the car hit an SAE corrected 448! So much for the DRM 500 package. Don't get me wrong... I'm not dissing DRM as being a crappy shop. That's not the case. I was a customer of his for 8 years. However, i spend a ton of money based on his promise...which he did not meet. I know he sent out the plenum and heads for porting BUT it is his responsibility to make sure the work was done correctly...it obviously was not and he didn't tear the motor down to find out why the car wasn't producing.

I've said this before... from now on i'll pull the car to Chicago with my teeth in order to get it into Marc Haibeck's hands. The man is amazing.

If you're looking for someone to upgrade your ZR-1 have NO hesitation calling on Marc. Throughout the process he was polite, honest and answered EVERY single e-mail and question I had with thorough explanations.

Marc is a gentleman in a mechanic's disguise and deserves the recognition of HOF member. Please support this venture!!!

Marv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after.jpg (57.5 KB, 14 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Before.pdf (102.0 KB, 13 views)