ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-14-2020   #1
earendil

Default Headlight motor

1. I had the common bushings problem so I started to disasemble the headlight and motor... However the video I used in YT did not mention that I should notopen the housing of the statr/rotor and I did that so could pull out the gear. Turs out it was not necessary.. wish I knew that. So when I opened the rotor housing, one of the motor brushes broke off.. Well replaced the bushings and in this regard all was well.. Then I tried to assemble the motor with what was left of the brushes and when I turned on the headlight it opened, but would not close or move afterwars..
2. Pulled it our again , made new brushes and back in it goes.. no luck.. Now what..?
3. Measured plug - no voltage..
4. Checked fuse - fuse is OK
5. Jumped a cable from the working headlight to the other - stared to turn, but would not go to the end unless helped.. Myabe too much for 1 relay?
6. SO I am thinking maybe when brush broke, shorted something and somehow damaged a relay..

I am not electrician, so sorry if my logic is not correct or smthng...
Are there relays at all that give voltage to the motors or is it the headlight module? I saw the latter in the SM so maybe I need to have this one checked for soldering cracks or smth burned?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

In short - busings solved, brushes - ok.. motor is working when given voltage... , no voltage for the motor on the headlight plug

Thanks

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
earendil is offline   Reply With Quote