ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-01-2014   #1
Billy Mild

Default Refinishing Leather Seats

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25904

Has anyone done something similar for their ZR1 seats? I have some bolster wear that I would like to address. I have red seats which I would think would be a pain to match the color.
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014   #2
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: Refinishing Leather Seats

I just had mine in for a mega-detail and had them touch up my bolster, as well. Looks BRAND NEW!!!!! There was no problem matching the red at all, and I am thrilled with the results. My advice is find a reputable high-end detailer in your area and speak with them about it. Good luck!
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014   #3
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25904

Has anyone done something similar for their ZR1 seats? I have some bolster wear that I would like to address. I have red seats which I would think would be a pain to match the color.
That's what led me to doing my seat covers even tho black wouldn't be much trouble matching. Besides, I changed the color of my interior from a black to Cognac.

1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #4
Bob Eyres

My seats are in pretty good shape, considering that the car is twenty years old with over 60K miles.
Once a year I use the Lexol conditioner. I wipe down the seats with a damp cloth, then drown them in conditioner. I mean really slather it on. Rub it in, then put on some more. Let soak in, then come back the next day to wipe the excess off.
This allows the leather to soak up as much conditioner as possible to stay pliable.
That bolster gets beat up and abraded because guys use it to lean on when entering or exiting the car.
Instead I put my right hand on the upper part of the center of the seat, then the right foot goes into the footwell, left hand onto the steering wheel, (Just to steady yourself, don't rest your weight on the wheel or it will eventually degrade the gears in the tilt mechanism..don't ask how I know ) Then as the left foot slides into the footwell, your right hand slides down the seat, and your in.

Even if that leather dye does not match perfectly, you could give all of both seats a dose to even it all out.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote