ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-16-2017   #1
onetinsoldier

Default Paint color ?

Does anyone know what the actual color on A-molds is ? Argent silver is what I have heard , but on a chart for corvette wheels it shows Argent gray . I know I can take it and have it paint matched and put into a spray can , but I thought someone may have a paint code !
onetinsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017   #2
WVZR-1

Default Re: Paint color ?

The FSM mentions WH9819 and mentions DuPont Cronar product C9201. I've seen multiple sets of wheels that if set "side by side" you would see variations so I'd suggest if you were doing less than a set you have "test panels" done for a match. Sometimes various paint manufacturers will actually mention how many potential variations can be expected.

3E section of the appropriate FSM will confirm information and procedure.

I've never used that information and was always a bit skeptical because the same C9201 is mentioned in earlier FSM also I believe but with a reference to WR9839. There were no A-molds in '93 but the Cronar C9201 is mentioned. I thought the machined saw-blade inserts were darker - maybe not!

I'd have more confidence maybe in checking the WH9819 first and confirming in some fashion.

I've had two sets of wheels refinished and let him use what he wants and actually didn't question him in regards to product. All 4 match!! Done!

For years the C9201 and WH9819 has been mentioned for A-molds. Correct? I'd confirm with panels.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 08-16-2017 at 10:36 PM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017   #3
onetinsoldier

Default Re: Paint color ?

I'll take a wheel to my paint supplier , he can take a picture and get the right mix !
onetinsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote