ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-29-2014   #11
phrogs

Default Re: Jack... in spare?

I don't even remember where the jack was located in my 87 or my 89 convertible but on the 1990 ZR1 and 91 it's in the spare tire held down with a metal spring clip to the spare.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Might be a parts car not sure yet
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #12
geezer

1990 one owner Zr-1 : Spare & jack documentation.
As deliverd from GM April 1990.

Note KOH in yellow crayon.

Last edited by geezer; 05-10-2015 at 12:08 PM.
geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #13
Schrade

Pretty interesting stuff here...

Jack bag is filthy, and the spare, along with the road jam in the spare tray. Jack is immaculate. 32k car.

Mine took a rear hit around '02 - GM repair stickers, with '2002', under rear cargo carpet. on them

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #14
csavaglio

On my '91, the jack, in its original bag, was on top of the spare with the metal spring clip and, if my mid-shift-sleep-deprived mind remembers right, the spare tire pouch, like the others pictured here.

I cleaned up everything and put it back like I found it, except that I put the spare tire pouch behind one of the seats (I'm short, so plenty of space there.....) to try to keep it from getting grimy again and to preserve the screen printing on it.

On my current '96 and the others I've owned, as I recall, the jack is in a molded styrofoam piece under the storage bin (only one on the later C4s), same as mentioned for the '95.

Even though I've owned a gaggle (murder? pack? school?) of L98 C4s, it's been a long time and I can't remember where the jack was.
C
csavaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #15
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
Out of my 1990. Looks factory.
THat's what I found. Except dirtier than that...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #16
Dynomite

Default Jack in Zipper Tire Bag inside Black Plastic Bag

Here is what I do

I take the spare tire Zipper Bag (TIRE BAG CONTAINED IN THIS ENVELOPE) and place the jack in that bag. I then place that Zipper Bag with jack in the center of the spare tire with the Spring Clip to hold it in place.

I take a LARGE Black Plastic Bag and place the whole spare tire with Zipper Bag clipped to the center inside that LARGE Black Plastic Bag and Zip Lock the Black Plastic Bag shut. Slip that Large Black Plastic Bag with Spare Tire back into the Tire Rack under the Fuel Tank.

Yep......that is what I do

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-31-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024   #17
ZBrink

Where is the "jack handle" aka lug wrench on a '90 ZR-1? It wasn't in the bag with the jack inside the spare. I'm trying to figure out if it's missing or if it's located somewhere else in the car?
ZBrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024   #18
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrink View Post
Where is the "jack handle" aka lug wrench on a '90 ZR-1? It wasn't in the bag with the jack inside the spare. I'm trying to figure out if it's missing or if it's located somewhere else in the car?
Check behind the passenger side seat on the floor. That?s where the jack handle is on the 94.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024   #19
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Check behind the passenger side seat on the floor. That?s where the jack handle is on the 94.

You are very knowledgeable and probably right but I seem to recall the jack handle on my 93 being behind the drivers seat, but it has been a long time and maybe I am just confused. Happens more than I am admitting these days.? Bob

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024   #20
scorp508

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogs View Post
I don't even remember where the jack was located in my 87 or my 89 convertible but on the 1990 ZR1 and 91 it's in the spare tire held down with a metal spring clip to the spare.
I was the 2nd owner of my '87.

The jack was in a black bag clipped inside the spare tire in the spare tire carrier.

The wrench was in the rear passenger storage compartment held in place with a wing nut.
1994: ZR-1 #150, Admiral Blue / Black
2015: Z06 Coupe, Z07, M7, Arctic White / Red
scorp508 is offline   Reply With Quote