ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-13-2003   #1
Anonymous

Default Boost on a ZR1

Has anyone Turbo'd or Supercharged a ZR1?I like boost, I was thinking of starting a project on a ZR1 developing a Twin turbo system for one. Anyone have any ideas of problems inherent with the ZR1 motor. What kind of internals are used in the ZR1? Forged I hope, what kind of compression do they run?How much power can the bottom end safely hold?Any flow numbers on the DOHC heads?How hard is it to upgrade just 8 of the 16 injectors?Are the ZR1 shortblocks different from a standard Chevrolet Shortblock?I know I have alot of questions for you guys, but Ive found it hard to come up with answers with these cars.(Edited by ULOSE at 1:19 am on April 19, 2002)
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003   #2
Anonymous

You need to more thoroughly browse this website, most of your answers are on it. To address a few though, Pistons are cast, reasonable sure that crank is forged, block is unique to LT-5, Static Compression is 11:1. Lingenfelter recently turbo'd 4 ZR-1 as a special package $$$$ I imagine the cost was close to $100K/car. Changing the fuel injectors is easy once you remove the intake plenum.
Old 12-13-2003   #3
Anonymous

You need to more thoroughly browse this website, most of your answers are on it. To address a few though, Pistons are cast, reasonable sure that crank is forged, block is unique to LT-5, Static Compression is 11:1. Lingenfelter recently turbo'd 4 ZR-1 as a special package $$$$ I imagine the cost was close to $100K/car. Changing the fuel injectors is easy once you remove the intake plenum.[/quote]Ive been over alot of this website, been browsing it for a few years off and on. This message board was a very good idea. Any articles on the Lingenfelter ZR1's? I went to lingenfelter.com and didnt see anything about it.Ill continue to look through the site, however if anyone else knows the answers to any of my other questions, I would appreciate it!!James
Old 12-13-2003   #4
Anonymous

Here is an article on the Lingenfelter Twin Turbo ZR1:http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2001...king/king1.asp
Old 12-13-2003   #5
Anonymous

Thanks alot man!! Sweet article
Old 12-13-2003   #6
Anonymous

A guy named Norm just ran 9.50@150mph in his turbo ZR-1