ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

View Poll Results: What would you go for?
Finished unit for $50ea (2 needed) 10 58.82%
Kit for $25ea (2 needed) 6 35.29%
Other (reply in comment with specifics) 1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2013   #11
Paul in SC

Default Re: Under Hood Lighting

GC,

Thanks for the follow-up and refresh as to supplier.

Paul
1993 ZR-1 - "The Green Thing", LPE/LSV 385; 2021 HTC, Red Mist Metallic, Cool gray interior, stainless dual stripes; ZR-1 Net Registry #1376
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #12
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in SC View Post
GC,

Thanks for the follow-up and refresh as to supplier.

Paul

Paul if enough are interested I can ask him for a forum group buy pricing. I did order about $1400 of HIDS and LEDs from him. Im sure I could get the forum a better price. LMK GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 02-01-2013 at 11:23 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #13
Paul in SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Paul if enough are interested I can as him for a forum group buy pricing. I did order about $1400 of HIDS and LEDs from him. Im sure I could get the forum a better price. LMK GC
I would be very interested in pricing. The interior lighting especially with the others for consideration.

Thanks,
Paul
1993 ZR-1 - "The Green Thing", LPE/LSV 385; 2021 HTC, Red Mist Metallic, Cool gray interior, stainless dual stripes; ZR-1 Net Registry #1376
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #14
Corbusa

I'm in .. anyone doing the tail lights? or blinkers ?
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #15
LancePearson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
X3!

Mine are not working at all right now (bulbs are ok).

You probably know this but on my 91 there is one inline 10 amp I think it is, spade lug two legged fuse just down below the left headlight area when the clamshell is up. In my case I like the lights and LEDs would be great but when you have the hood up for a while I've just chosen to remove the fuse, put the two sides of the inline fuse together and store the fuse. Easier than putting a switch in for me as I'm at the stage where I don't open and close the hood each time I do something around the engine.

Lance Pearson
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #16
Ronstar

I'd be interested in their HID driving lights and maybe interior lights. Also the underhood lights
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #17
GOLDCYLON

Look at my seperate post up

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19392

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 02-01-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2013   #18
RICKYRJ1

Nice job Scott, I'm in on both underhood and interior. Thanks for posting and Thanks GC for the GB set up
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #19
scottfab

Here is an update on the Underhood Engine Lamps (That's what the FSM calls them)
I thought I could get the power down from 24 watts (12W x 2) to 6watts. Well I've gotten it down to 1.2 watts and still so bright you can't look into it. That is 5% of the power and more light.

I've done an over night test leaving them on all night. Battery is still fine. The LED assemblies draw 50ma each.
I'm doing the write-up now. There is no cutting or butchering up of any wires. This thing plugs right in.

photo taken with only the engine lamps on:

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people

Last edited by scottfab; 02-06-2013 at 10:58 AM.
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #20
GOLDCYLON

Scott did you hand make these?

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V