ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-03-2014   #1
c4koh

Default Rubber hose from brake fluid reservoir, 1992

Hi,

I posted last week re: some corroded (but still intact) steel brake lines. I also see the braided stainless steel flex, which is in good condition.

While looking into my brakes more, I also saw that there's a rubber hose coming out of the brake fluid reservoir, and it leads down to a flared steel line under mid-driver-side, along with a cluster of some other steel lines.

What is this doing? I don't like simple rubber hoses with hydraulic fluid going through - presume it's not doing any work?? Anyone replaced this with a steel line?

Thanks

Steve
c4koh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014   #2
WVZR-1

Default Re: Rubber hose from brake fluid reservoir, 1992

That is the ASR/ABS modulator valve "prime" pipe and there is I believe a bleeder valve at the modulator valve. I believe (unsure) but in an ABS/ASR event it sends excessive fluid back to the rear reservoir of the master cylinder. I don't have a '92 but I'm quite confident of it's function. Hose at master goes to a pipe I believe that connects at the modulator valve, I'm sure the hose is actually serviced also as part of the pipe.

I'm very sure it's different than an LT1 base car pipe/hose. A GM part # for it would be 10158070 the pipe, the hose only aspect of it would be 10208515.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 11-03-2014 at 06:52 PM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote