ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > For Sale & Wanted (General)

Old 01-17-2014   #1
bamawrx

Default Wtb clutch kit for 90 zr1

Looking for clutch kit for 1990 zr1. Let me know what you have. Thanks
2011 Carbon Edition Z06 #225
1990 ZR1 #88
bamawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #2
geezer

Default Re: Wtb clutch kit for 90 zr1

Power Torque, White Racing, Carolina Clutch. All good sources!
geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #3
A26B

Jerrys Gaskets has recently become a distributor for RAM Clutches. Here's what we will be stocking:

http://jerrysgaskets.com/store2/root...168699894151ea

Single Disc Clutch Kits, contains aluminum flywheel, clutch disc, push release pressure plate, hydraulic release bearing, pressure plate bolts & ss hydraulic lines.

1. HDX: 10.5" organic clutch facings, up to 500Hp
2. PowerGrip HD: 10.5" metallic clutch facings, up to 650Hp

Dual Disc Clutch Kits, contains aluminum flywheel, clutch discs(2) floater, push release pressure plate, hydraulic release bearing, pressure plate bolts & ss hydraulic lines.

1. Force Organic: 9.5" organic clutch facings, 600~650Hp
2. Force Metallic: 9.5" metallic clutch facings, 800~850Hp

Flywheels, only for use with stock style, pull release clutch Custom made for Jerry's Gaskets.

1. Steel Billet (weight pending) for those who prefer less weight for faster revving but not as light as aluminum for easier, stop & go street driving.
2. Aluminum Billet (weight pending) for the ultimate in flywheel weight reduction for fastest revving. Has the thickest, replaceable clutch surface of other brands of aluminum flywheels, and therefore the most resistant to heat warping.

A word about the RAM push style, hydraulic release bearing, but first, a few facts about the stock, pull release, style clutch.

Apart from the fact that virtually all of the pull release clutch components for the ZR-1 LT5 are either unavailable, poor aftermarket quality or faulty in design. The stock slave leaks and very difficult to find. The clutch fork is rare & expensive, plus it's prone to cracking and bending. The release bearing is either difficult to find, very expensive or aftermarket junk.

The RAM style hydraulic release bearing eliminates ALL of the original clutch components mentioned above, in favor of a simpler, more efficient design, both in cost & performance. Simply remove all of those components, you won't need them anymore.

Inventory: Our initial inventory of RAM Clutches custom flywheels has already been ordered. When the parts come in, we will be developing a Tech Data sheet with lots of pictures, specifically for the ZR-1 LT5 application, so that it will be a very simple job to do.

Pricing: This is a new area for us, so right now, only the list price is published on our website. Those will be reduced significantly, once we know all the costs involved to put LT5 ZR-1inventory on our shelves. That should happen in the next few days.

Tech Support: RAM Clutches is an outstanding company and will be available to answer any technical product questions, should we not be able to provide the answers you need.

Our Statement: All we have ever done since inception in 2008, is to work towards insuring the viability of the ZR-1 Corvette LT5 engine. It is our only line and will remain so for the foreseeable future. As such, we want to be THE SOURCE for the parts you want. There are 3 areas essential to good business, the best customer service, the best quality & the best pricing. Our goal is all three, with the assurance that our customers know that whatever they buy from Jerrys Gaskets is right for the LT5.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 01-19-2014 at 01:59 PM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #4
efnfast

Great news Jerry. Light weight flywheel was in my future. Unless I hear bad things (can't imagine) looks like I have a source. Thanks Jerry.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #5
geezer

BAMAWRX Apology to Jerry as I was not aware of his affiliation with RAM. He would be your most knowledgable source for ZR-1.
geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #6
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer View Post
BAMAWRX Apology to Jerry as I was not aware of his affiliation with RAM. He would be your most knowledgable source for ZR-1.
No apology geezer!! No way you could know? This is new for us and I doubt anyone knew about it. We don't even have or initial stock order in yet. I usually don't send out a newsletter from subscribers until I have the product in hand and verified. it always ticks me off when internet stores sell things they don't even have and don't order it until they have already taken your money. Not cool.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #7
bamawrx

Really not looking for high or increased performance. Hell a used part in good working order will be worth my consideration. Car is just for fun and tinkering so it doesn't have to be the best. I'm sure someone has serviceable clutch parts laying around their shop. I'm toying with ordering a LUK made unit (new $500), so let me know if you guys have anything.
2011 Carbon Edition Z06 #225
1990 ZR1 #88
bamawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #8
Jitse

I am helping a friend, doing some service on his 90Z, the car got new build Lingenfelter 368 in it.
The clutch is bad, can't handle the torque. I am interested in those Ram clutch assemblies, Jerry has for sale in his webshop.

Is there anybody who has experience with those clutches?
Jitse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #9
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitse View Post
I am helping a friend, doing some service on his 90Z, the car got new build Lingenfelter 368 in it.
The clutch is bad, can't handle the torque. I am interested in those Ram clutch assemblies, Jerry has for sale in his webshop.

Is there anybody who has experience with those clutches?
Either Marc Haibeck, Pete P and Corey Henderson

Need their contact info?

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #10
Jitse

Thanks,
I have send Marc a mail.
Jitse is offline   Reply With Quote