ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-08-2018   #1
indy91zr1

Default 1991 white/red zr-1

Hey guy recently picked up my 1991 white on red zr-1. I was just wondering if i would be able to track down previous owner or if any of you may know about it or them possibly. It has a zr-1 registry sticker in the bottom left corner of windshield dated for 2009. I know the car in 1998 made its way to alabama and stayed there for 10 yrs. then a guy in illinois bought it. Can i contact a chevy dealer and have them possibly get me the service records? This is my dream car that I have wanted since i was 9. Finally made that come true a couple days ago. Anyways just wanted to a introduce myself and b see if anyone may know. the vin number is 1g1yz23j3m5801127
indy91zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018   #2
TX '90 ZR1

Default Re: 1991 white/red zr-1

I would suggest to put a few pictures in your thread.
Since it has the ZR-1.net decal, I would think there is a good chance someone here could remember it.
Another idea is to run a Carfax and see if it shows any service records done at Chevy dealers. I have found that if you have a date service was done and talk to the service adviser real nice, they will share quite a bit of info.
Good luck, congratulations, and welcome. You are among a very helpful group here.
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018   #3
Ccmano

Welcome to the addiction! You’ve come to the most helpful and congenial group of car nuts on the net. Technically there is nothing than cannot be asked and answered here.

Your car, 1991 #1127 is not listed in the registry archive. That said the Chicago group is very active. (The FBI) There is a good chance your car is known to them. I’m sure someone will surface with some information for you.
Enjoy your new car.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018   #4
indy91zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX '90 ZR1 View Post
I would suggest to put a few pictures in your thread.
Since it has the ZR-1.net decal, I would think there is a good chance someone here could remember it.
Another idea is to run a Carfax and see if it shows any service records done at Chevy dealers. I have found that if you have a date service was done and talk to the service adviser real nice, they will share quite a bit of info.
Good luck, congratulations, and welcome. You are among a very helpful group here.
I will try to get some up. I was thinking same thing. I honestly just want to know all that has been done to the car. It has long tubes, and a borla exhaust, gears and a tune. Just didnt know if its been ported or not. Thank you I am glad to finally be able to join the brother hood.
Old 07-08-2018   #5
indy91zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
Welcome to the addiction! You’ve come to the most helpful and congenial group of car nuts on the net. Technically there is nothing than cannot be asked and answered here.

Your car, 1991 #1127 is not listed in the registry archive. That said the Chicago group is very active. (The FBI) There is a good chance your car is known to them. I’m sure someone will surface with some information for you.
Enjoy your new car.
H
That is strange. I would think you would need to be a registered member to get the sticker. I will post something up in the regional section and see. Thank you. I love this car.
Old 07-08-2018   #6
We Gone

Welcome and grats on your 91

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018   #7
BlackSheepz

Congrats on your 91! I cannot really contribute to the knowledge about the previous owner of your 91, but I do notice that I live very close to you!

Great to have another Indianapolis registry member on board. I have a 90, we should get them together before the end of the summer Have you considered joining one of the local Corvette clubs?

Being so close if you have any troubles or need any help with anything let me know.

Would love to get to know you!
1990 ZR-1 #2530

1992 LT1 6 speed

Gone but not forgotten:
1988 Z52 4+3

BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018   #8
indy91zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Welcome and grats on your 91
thank you very much
Old 07-08-2018   #9
indy91zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepz View Post
Congrats on your 91! I cannot really contribute to the knowledge about the previous owner of your 91, but I do notice that I live very close to you!

Great to have another Indianapolis registry member on board. I have a 90, we should get them together before the end of the summer Have you considered joining one of the local Corvette clubs?

Being so close if you have any troubles or need any help with anything let me know.

Would love to get to know you!
sounds like a good idea. I have been looking around at some but haven't joined any yet. I appreciate that offer and will def take ya up on it if something arises. what part of indy do you live in? I have always wondered if anyone around here had a z hiding away in their garage.
Old 07-08-2018   #10
BlackSheepz

We belong to Corvette Indy. (It's like $50 a year, or $75 I think for you plus spouse). If you go to their Vets and Vettes car show they will give you the first year for free (August 18th).

They do a ton of trips, outings and shows on top of other things, been a very good group. One of the largest Corvette clubs in the US is my understanding. http://www.corvetteindy.com/ go there and look at the photo gallery. We haven't done much with them this year as we've been really busy on the weekends, but they are a great group.

We live in Irvington on the East Side of Indy. Not terribly far from Fishers. Would be more than willing to drive up to see you on a nice day, could grab lunch or something.

Welcome to the brotherhood!
1990 ZR-1 #2530

1992 LT1 6 speed

Gone but not forgotten:
1988 Z52 4+3

BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote