ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-13-2009   #41
secondchance

Default Re: Why a ZR-1?

For me 3 reasons:

1. I got my 1st ZR-1 in 1991. It was for me about exotic as a vette could be-all american sports car with British designed all aluminum overhead cam! this is sort of automobile equvelant to all conqeuring P51 Mustang (not Ford Mustang but the North American Mustang).

2. I have always loved big cube monster torque detroit V8s but missed high revving european cammers. LT5, in my book, represents the best of both world.

3. I bought the second one in 2000 because I missed the first one. Now, this car represents the best part of my years - 1990s. Everyday, when I open the door, jump in, turn the key and hear the LT5 come alive, it is 1991 for me all over again and makes me feel I am still 35!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #42
diamond zr1

next to my stude avanti,the zr1 was the most advanced engineered car of its time/in 1967 I had the choice of buying a 63 split window or an avanti,and even though the avanti is worth a fraction of a nice split window,I am glad I went with the stude/ the zr1 was in a class by itself,and I was lucky enough to drive one in 90,always wanted one and finally found a dark red one a couple years ago/It is probably my favorite car in my collection,from a 34 ford to a c6 twin turbo/
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #43
-=Jeff=-

I was in High School when the ZR-1 debuted. I remember seeing one for the first time at the 1990 Chicago Auto Show, Red with the CLEAR Hood. I have a picture somewhere still I think..

In 1993 I bought my first corvette, 1989 coupe, at the time the ZR-1 was well out of my reach and the 89 was still a corvette. I kept the 89 for 15 years and modified it and built it the way I wanted, it was a great car, but I still had always wanted a ZR-1. I remember in 1995 looking at a 1990 Z, red with Saddle interior, it was still a bit more then I could spend on a car, so I just decided I was not meant to have one..

I remember when Pete bought his in 1999, then Al shortly after. Of course that did not help, but looking it still was not in my grasp.. Then I got married and we had a couple kids so now that chance was slipping away.

When ccmano emailed me about the one in Denver for 11K that needed work, I was interested, good price, within my grasp, but work is needed.. ccmano looked at the car, I worked out a deal and bought it. yes it was in sad shape and still needs a ton of work, but you know what, it is that dream car I have wanted since I saw the Motor Trend 'Corvette from Hell' Article.

I am glad I finally got it. this one is not going anywhere, except downt he road with me behind the wheel
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote