ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2017   #1
Roadster

Default TB removal and then some!!!

Thought I would start a new thread for Throttle Body removal. Although the seasoned ZR-1 owners know this all too well, this is basically intended for an owner who may be apprehensive doing this for the first time.
With many suggestions, advice, text, and returned PM's in the last 24-48 hours from different members that I contacted, a big thank you to all...
I also searched Cliff's Solutions, and maybe missed the thread for pics or detailed info that I was looking for....you could read his info for hours....

So here we go.....disconnect the battery, just in case....
here are the tools you will need for removal....
I used 3/8" drive....breaker bar, ratchet, extensions and Torx socket set. Also good to have a pencil or long magnet on hand. You will also need a "mallet" hammer just to tap the throttle body loose after the bolts are removed.

1-air cleaner assembly removed
2-air horn removed....there are 4 T-25 screws that hold the air horn on the inside, and 2 T-25 screws that are on the outside on the top at opposite ends. The bolts on the inside are made so they stay attached to the air horn when removed. Only problem with mine, is that one bolt comes completely out. That a good reason for the magnet, just in case.
3-undo the 2 T-15 screws on top of the plenum that hold the throttle cable to the top of the plenum. I used blue painters tape to mark the cable so I would reinstall in the exact position.

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote