ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-19-2013   #1
SteelBlueZR1

Default WAZOO - Plenum Pull Work Day, Burgers, & Cruise - This Sunday in Reisterstown, MD

WAZOO - JOIN ME THIS WEEKEND FOR A PLENUM PULL AND DETAIL DAY:

I just received the final parts I need to fix my secondaries and plan to pull my 1991 ZR-1's plenum this weekend. Please let me know if you can join me this Sunday, April 21st in Reisterstown, MD (10 miles east of Westminster) to help me replenish the vacuum system for my secondaries, and return the beast to full power.

Join us for Burgers from Fuddruckers, and a short afternoon cruise... we can take a run up to a homemade ice-cream shop a few miles away, on nice back-roads, thru historic Reisterstown.

I can also provide a hose, micro-fiber towels and wash buckets, etc. for anyone who wants to detail their cars in my large shaded driveway...

Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by SteelBlueZR1; 04-21-2013 at 11:43 PM.
SteelBlueZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #2
secondchance

Default Re: WAZOO - Plenum Pull Work Day, Burgers, & Cruise - This Sunday in Reisterstown, MD

Bert,

Sorry I can make this one. An old friend of mine is flying in from Korea (South) tomorrow morning. Stuck playing tour guide 'till Sunday night.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #3
SteelBlueZR1

Default Re: WAZOO - Plenum Pull Work Day, Burgers, & Cruise - This Sunday in Reisterstown, MD

Hi Yun,

Sorry you can't make it on such short notice. Have a great weekend.
Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-21-2013   #4
dredgeguy

Bert,
Flying back to BWI today so will not be able to attend but understand it will be a perfect day, sunny and comfortable.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #5
Scrrem

Sorry I couldn't make it Bert. I was held captive in the yard this weekend spreading 40 bags of mulch and cleaning up after a long winter.
Rich
1990 Bright Red Coupe #608

380 Stroker, Ported Heads/Intake/Housings/TB
Haibeck Secondary Delete Chip / Pete's Cams
George Braml Intake / FIC Injectors
Coated SW Headers / Corsa
Bill Boudreau B/B ZF6 / Viper 4.10 gears
Ron Davis Radiator
Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH NAV
Fikse FM5's 285 / 335 / C6 Brakes

WAZOO Member
Scrrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #6
SteelBlueZR1

Sorry you guys could not make it... What a beautiful day to be outside, whether laying mulch, or pulling a plenum. Pulling yes, reinstalling no.
So, the plenum pull went off without a hitch, BUT I was shocked to find that the plenum gasket had only been installed on the driver's side, but the passenger side was gasket-less, with metal to metal. Even more crazy was that it appears that the mechanic (He will be getting a call from me tomorrow) who put in my fuel injectors, when I first got the car, put BOTH the gaskets I supplied him from Jerry's on the driver's side!

Then, I went to replace the vacuum solenoid for the secondaries, it became quickly apparent that the NOS switch I bought from White Racing for $90 was actually a newer version (1997223 ) of the switch with the wrong mounting bracket and the wrong plug connector?!

So, I now must return the part that was sold, under the original NOS part #, and am once again looking for the right NOS part with this correct original part 3: Part # 1997222-U... Does anyone have a source for the Valve, Secondary Actuator Solenoid, 90~95 ZR-1?
So, till I receive the right part, my plenum sits on my windshield.

I used Haibeck's plenum pull DVD and found it very helpful... His suggestions to check all the airbox and lower plenum bolts proved worthwhile, as everything was loose with only 8k miles.

This is the part that Goldcyclon sold a few days back, and exactly what I am looking for
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by SteelBlueZR1; 04-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2013   #7
QB93Z

Bert,

I am sorry that I couldn't make it to your place. I am still recovering stamina.

I believe that I have the solenoid you need in inventory. I also have some of the correct brackets that we could use to make your "new" part fit properly in the LT5.

Let me know if you want to come over and see what we can do.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #8
SteelBlueZR1

Hi Jim,

It is really great to hear from you and hope you are starting to feel more like your ole self. I ended up doing the plenum pull on my own; given the late Friday arrival of the (wrong) secondary solenoid part nobody could make it on such short notice.

I really appreciate your offer of help with this conundrum. When is a good time for me to stop by with the new part?

Congratulations on being featured so prominently in Vette magazine! My subscription just expired, so I'd love to see a copy with your article.

I would prefer to have a NOS part with the correct mounting bracket.

The one that White Racing sold me was listed as NOS part, but has the wrong electrical connector and bracket.

Also, do you know a source for the electrical connector clip that goes on the TPS (mine was broken), as well as the clip for the Idle Air Control at the plenum?

Do you suggest any other pre-emptive parts to replace under (8k miles/22 years) my plenum, such as the check valve, to avoid a second plenum pull in the near future?

Be well,
Bert
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-22-2013   #9
QB93Z

Hi Bert, I am available any time for a short visit (except Wednesday morning). Give me a call (443-244-1347).

I will look for a link I have to a source for the connectors you need.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plenum pull, wazoo