Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-11-2019   #31
WARP TEN

Default Re: Jim and Lyndi ZR-1 Road Trip 2019 - Back to Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Mark Flying By

https://youtu.be/BbuoWGNYYWE

I am learning how to use a GoPro camera and edit my videos and post them. Please bear with me as I experiment.

Jim
I used a Go Pro with my 95 ZR-1 mounted on the harness bar. I found it difficult to use, but then I did not opt to pay for the remote control or display on it. Still, it worked well to record a number of track sessions at BG.--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #32
rush91

I always look forward too seeing the road trips you two take.....always great pictures, interesting and beautiful locations. I'll echo the the Art Institute of Chicago is a must see for anyone, one of the best in the country. Be safe and happy motoring.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #33
G-Sting

Great pics and experiences already! Thanks for letting us come along...
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #34
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Mark Flying By

https://youtu.be/BbuoWGNYYWE

I am learning how to use a GoPro camera and edit my videos and post them. Please bear with me as I experiment.

Jim
When I reviewed this video of Mark passing me to say farewell, I realized that I am doing about 75 MPH and you can guess what Mark is doing when he flashes by me. His 1990 is a Lingenfelter 368; a real beast!

I have a GoPro Hero 7 camera that is mounted to the windshield forward of the rear view mirror. I ran a charging wire up the A-pillar and across the top trim to have power full time at the camera.

The "scene" shows a lot of hood or a lot of sky so I may have to crop the images.

The Hero 7 has better battery life than my earlier model and is easy to control from an phone app, but I have just been using the camera buttons when recording from the car.

The post production work is about the same as before and I will have to get organized to reduce the time it takes me to "produce" YouTube ready clips.

Jim

Last edited by QB93Z; 06-11-2019 at 09:36 PM.
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #35
QB93Z

Day 4 Luverne, MN to Rapid City, South Dakota

Our accommodations in Luverne were at the Hill Crest Motel, a small Mom & Pop motel a few blocks from the interstate. On each trip we try to sometimes break away from the standard hotels and get back to our roots. The room was small, clean and quiet, and it cost $52 for the night:

On the way back to the interstate we noticed this out door sculpture of two birds:

The hotel to I-90 was two turns and then the GPS showed our next turn was 364 miles on to the road our hotel was on, a door-to-door trip:

I-90 continued on, west across the Great Plains and we enjoyed seeing many more farms:

to be continued......
Old 06-11-2019   #36
QB93Z

We stopped in Mitchell, SD to visit The World's Only Corn Palace. The Corn Palace is a community Civic Center that was created years ago by a forward-looking Chamber of Commerce that wanted to improve the viability of the towns primary industry: Growing Corn.

Each year the exterior of the building is completely stripped bare and then decorated using only corn. Last year's theme for the decoration was "Salute to the Military" One of the large picture panels showed the USS South Dakota SSN-790, which was special to me as a submariner. The USS South Dakota is a brand new Virginia Class fast attack nuclear submarine that was christened in February 2019 and will enter the submarine force soon.

to be continued.......

Last edited by QB93Z; 06-11-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2019   #37
QB93Z

Further west, we took time out from our transit to visit Badlands National Park. The park is about 50 miles east of Rapid City, SD and is one of Lyndi's favorite parks:

The Badlands of South Dakota were created by the erosion of relatively soft rock created 60 million years ago when the area was a lake bed and later a swampy area. The stunning terrain can be observed from your car while driving, or at well constructed view points. There are many hiking trails in the park.

While we were in the Park the weather was changing rapidly. Dark thunder clouds move across the area and gave dramatic views of the rocky peaks:

The yellow mounds were formed by the remains of swamp plants that formed rock deposits:

We took a picture of our traveling companion for 9 years, Army Man. He has ridden with us and keeps us safe since we found him in Alaska:

After dodging the rain clouds for an hour, they caught up with us and we drove out of the park in the rain:

We visited a must-see travel destination, Wall Drug Store in Wall, SD. In operation since the early 1900's, it appears to be a collection of many stores but is really all one large gift store behind the facades. The Purple Z is showing the effects of driving thru road construction in the rain:

Jim
Old 06-11-2019   #38
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Wired the Pioneer antenna control circuit up to the coil side of the integral antenna motor up/down control relay via dark green wire 145 removed from Bose relay. See below FSM page
Attachment 9730

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Jim,

I’ve installed the AppRadio 4 and don’t recall having an antenna circuit. Which Pioneer are u using?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019   #39
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Jim,

I’ve installed the AppRadio 4 and don’t recall having an antenna circuit. Which Pioneer are u using?
If I remember correctly, it is a pioneer AVIC 8000 NEX. It does not have a circuit to control the antenna. I installed my own switch to do that.

Jim
Old 06-12-2019   #40
XfireZ51

I guess they don’t build radios w antenna circuits any longer since vehicles have
“In glass” antennas for years.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote