ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-10-2015   #21
G8nightman

Default Re: New Member Looking at a ZR1…

The parking brake is suppose to engage and then the lever go freely back down so that you can get out of the car and then pull all the way up then back down to disengage.
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
G8nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015   #22
RyanChappel

Default Flux Capacitor?????

Tony.....do you have a new project in the works that you are not telling us about???
RyanChappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015   #23
G-Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
None of the issues look horrid, but for the money you could likely find a car with much fewer issues.
I appreciate all the extremely informative comments. All noted. Thank you. It's a learning process, for sure. There were a few other issues in addition to the ones I listed (paint area, aforementioned windshield, CD player no worky, etc.) But hey, it had descent brakes and calipers, and new tires!

I think I am leaning towards Xfire's conclusion on this particular beast.

best regards,
G
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015   #24
Z51JEFF

There is a women on Facebook selling a 90 black-black 17,000 miles for $19,000. I can find it if interested.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015   #25
G-Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
There is a women on Facebook selling a 90 black-black 17,000 miles for $19,000. I can find it if interested.
Z51JEFF, Thank you, kindly, for the offer. Right now, there are enough for sale within a reasonable stretch that if/when I get the time can take a look. Much appreciated, though!

G
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015   #26
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
Z51JEFF, Thank you, kindly, for the offer. Right now, there are enough for sale within a reasonable stretch that if/when I get the time can take a look. Much appreciated, though!

G
Desirable colors, miles and price won't see another like this for awhile.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015   #27
JFFerner

Have the dealer disconnect the battery for a few moments, then reconnect and try the A/C. I know something is wrong with my A/C controls, but I have to do this reset procedure only once or twice each year and it has always worked for me.

As for your leak, it is also possible that the car's roof is not properly seated. With the roof removed check the weather stripping there and check to see if the sun visor is loose or not properly aligned, preventing the roof from proper installation. adjust as necessary.

And so it goes....Jim
JFFerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015   #28
Tony Davila

Default Re: Flux Capacitor?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanChappel View Post
Tony.....do you have a new project in the works that you are not telling us about???
To answer you I would say.... when am I not modifying my car. Of course I have something in the works.
Tony Davila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015   #29
Bob Eyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFFerner View Post
Have the dealer disconnect the battery for a few moments, then reconnect and try the A/C. I know something is wrong with my A/C controls, but I have to do this reset procedure only once or twice each year and it has always worked for me.

As for your leak, it is also possible that the car's roof is not properly seated. With the roof removed check the weather stripping there and check to see if the sun visor is loose or not properly aligned, preventing the roof from proper installation. adjust as necessary.

And so it goes....Jim
I wouldn't fix it for the dealer . Use the problem as a bargaining tool. Broken windshield, sound system inoperable, body leaks, oil leaks, no air conditioning, a litany of problems that should bring the price down, but are not deal breakers for someone that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

Added up, these troubles could add up to $10K at current shop prices. And I can hear myself telling them, "You can't even GET a ZR-1 windshield anymore".

I guess I've been spending too much time watching Richard Rawlings on TV bargain for cars, but you shouldn't be paying top dollar for this one. Work it dude!

Last edited by Bob Eyres; 04-17-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015   #30
cloudshe

did you buy the '90? i love my '95 ZR-1 (s/n 88) but just bought a '65 roadster, something has to go. white w/ grey interior, 54,000 mi, excellent orig paint, never abused, raced, or hit. orig exc performance chip & exhaust. $24k OBO

bruce sheppard
grasonville md
cloudshe@goeaston.net
410 827-7348
410 253-7198
cloudshe is offline   Reply With Quote