ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-22-2019   #31
Thomas ZR-1

Default Re: Top Toy is Dead

OMG I`m sorry to hear that but most important: you are ok! Get well soon and remember: this car saved your life...25 years old. During winter time there is enough time to find another ZR-1 that fits for you. Best wishes from Germany!

Thomas
Old 10-22-2019   #32
tomcat

Hello,

I agree with the last comment. Their are plenty of nice ZR1's for sale with sweet prices. Get well soon.

Manfred E...............
91 black #906
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019   #33
Ccmano

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hopefully you can move on to a new ZR-1 in the future. A lesson for all of us at all times, particularly this time of year with the changing temperatures.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019   #34
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
Wishing you a speedy recovery and hopefully you can move on to a new ZR-1 in the future. A lesson for all of us at all times, particularly this time of year with the changing temperatures.
H
Yeah, BUDDY! Maybe 50+ added HP due to cool temps, compared to hot/humid summer, and add cold summer tires on cold pavement - even w/ "only 510HP" the Z is like driving on wet pavement...squirrelly as if riding on plastic tires!!

I love a little frisky bursts in a straight line when the temps get close to freezing, but come an S-curve etc., gotta reign then horses in BIG TIME. The short wheel base on these cars, once you loose traction combines with the power to spin these cars is a way you (I at least) never expected! (Ain't that right, Dominic??) 500+ HP is bad enough. I can only imagine what 600+ would be like

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019   #35
Top Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Yeah, BUDDY! Maybe 50+ added HP due to cool temps, compared to hot/humid summer, and add cold summer tires on cold pavement - even w/ "only 510HP" the Z is like driving on wet pavement...squirrelly as if riding on plastic tires!!

I love a little frisky bursts in a straight line when the temps get close to freezing, but come an S-curve etc., gotta reign then horses in BIG TIME. The short wheel base on these cars, once you loose traction combines with the power to spin these cars is a way you (I at least) never expected! (Ain't that right, Dominic??) 500+ HP is bad enough. I can only imagine what 600+ would be like
Really wish I had some recollection of what went wrong at the moment I lost traction but my brain has completely shut out any memory of that. The only thing I'm confident of is that I was in 3rd gear and punched it when I was straight on the highway. Guessing it completely lost traction at that point and the back end whipped out faster than I could react. The rest is history, as they say. Again, be careful out there all my fun loving friends!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
'95 ZR-1, aqua/gray, #167
368 LPE/Haibeck, Web cams, Stainless Works headers, B&B Fusion exhaust, 18" Fikse wheels, Alcon brakes, lowered. 491 SAE RWHP.
Top Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019   #36
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post

Yes Paul, thank you for reminding us all again.

My situation was same time of year. Only had a ported top end and headers at that point. Had Z06 wheels with the runflats on them. Big mistake particularly in cold weather. Watched a bunch of videos of C6 Z06s pivoting left to right on tracks and hitting walls w those tires. Fortunately I was on a track w no one in the next lane. Started losing it once I hit second gear. The car actually started crabbing towards the left and I could see I was going to kiss the wall. Started correcting which had the car pivot from left to right, but left rear corner touched the wall. That slowed the car down sufficiently to have the tires bite with my nose pointing diagonally towards the other lane and so I was launched towards that guardrail, climbing it. Then coming back down onto the track. The exhaust and C beam saved my legs and my helmet saved my head as it shattered the acrylic targa top.
I recall wondering if this was the way I was going to die. Not today.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019   #37
jss06c6

Thank you Lord, for protecting Dennis! May he enjoy Your healing hand and recover completely, both physically and emotionally.

Our cars are gifts to enjoy, but are replaceable. Our time here is fixed. A reminder for all of us to keep our priorities in line. Enjoy life, but remember what's most important.

Now, heal up and get back in the seat!

Glad you are not too seriously hurt. Testament to our ZR-1!

Steve

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
jss06c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019   #38
Top Toy

Yes, I believe He had a guardian angel watching over me! Looking at photos of the row of trees I went through, it could have easily turned out much differently. So thankful to still be here and be on the mend! I graduated from the hospital to a rehab center and am now walking with a walker!

Thanks everybody for your prayers and support! This is an incredible community of enthusiasts!
'95 ZR-1, aqua/gray, #167
368 LPE/Haibeck, Web cams, Stainless Works headers, B&B Fusion exhaust, 18" Fikse wheels, Alcon brakes, lowered. 491 SAE RWHP.
Top Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019   #39
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Toy View Post
And now let me get back to filling out the order form for a C8 ZO6. 😆
Good to hear your doing better. Can’t beat a new C8.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019   #40
rush91

Thank the Lord you are alright, and able to post this.....as many have said, things can be replaced. But your friends and family can't replace you.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote