ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-24-2014   #11
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Seat opinions needed (94-96 STD or Sport)

IMO, fit and function trump the differences in "look", in this case. Both look good, I guess.

That said, I like the standard seats for the 90-93s very much, especially compared to the 90-93 sport seat: comfort being the key factor for the 90-93s. But, based on lateral experiences with harder than I'd say the average driver ever experiences, the bigger bolsters on the back would be nice to have: more secure, me thinks.

JMO, I like the looks of the standard seat so much better than even the 94-96 sport seats. For me, having my cake and eating it too would put me in favor of beefing the standard side bolsters.

That's my vote, FWIW.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014   #12
-=Jeff=-

So looking at my seats, apparently the second set I have as 2 driver side bottoms. I iwll ned to find a pass side bottom foam or modify one of them
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014   #13
GOLDCYLON

Also suggest while you are there seat heaters. That's my next project as I bought a pair of carbon fiber heat inserts for mine but have not installed them yet. The buttons look factory as well and fairly small. For me it's not so much for the warmth as they are for the direct heat to my back and rear lol.

I have heated seats in both my truck and my wife's mercedes I thought they were a useless option until I started using them and I really miss not having them now in my daily driver. So Jeff if I may suggest.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014   #14
-=Jeff=-

Struggling with what I want to do.. I have a set of perfectly good black seats in the car. I don't want to disassemble those..

I have a pair of sport frames with foam except I have 2 bottoms for the same side.. (forget if it is DS or PS)

I have one modded sport frame to fit the base seat.

my original thought was to cut the sport foam and use it with the base foam and make a set of custom seats.. not sure how easy that would be to do, but I know the base seat will fit the sport frame with some tweaking to the foam.

I have a complete set of correct foam for the base seats.

the sport seats are overall 'flatter' than the base seats, the base has a distinct side bolster on the back and bottom. That is why I though of doing a custom seat, the base seats are NOT Glued but hog ringed. my biggest concern is if I bought sport covers and trying to get them to fit and stay put on the foam (gluing)

My Base foam is not the best 100% but I can fix most of the issues with it and I can carve out the back of the foam to fit the lumbar.. I can make the sides fit.. maybe I need to just start cutting the foam.. it is not like I am ruining a perfect pair of seats..

GC Thanks for the tip on the heaters, I really want seat coolers though.. LOL
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-24-2014   #15
GOLDCYLON

In Illionis ???? really 😜
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014   #16
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
In Illionis ???? really 😜
Yep car sits all winter
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-24-2014   #17
-=Jeff=-

Alright, I think I have a plan.. need to hack up some stuff first, if it does not work then I need to want until I can buy foam and leather together..

I have hacked some foam up but need to cut up more and mend it together to see if my plan will work

1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-24-2014   #18
Pete

I still wanna know the weight difference between early and later seats.
Jeff if you heck some seats up I don't need the electronics to work/side bolsters etc, keep me in mind.
Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage

Last edited by Pete; 12-24-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014   #19
-=Jeff=-

I can weigh a later seat
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-27-2014   #20
-=Jeff=-

Pete, I will weight the sport seat (94) before i take it apart

I am making progress.. I will be using the Standard covers, modded. since they are hog ringed and not glued to the foam. I have one sides foam almost complete and I found a guy that will do the covers for me.. he can make them as I want and they look good from the sample pictures he sent.

I will call him this next week to discuss what I want done and such..

here is my standard foam with lower sport bolster
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978