ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-31-2005   #1
Z Factor

Default Group Purchase of a Samco Air Intake Duct

I have noticed over the years that we have had some issues with our stock air intakes tearing or collapsing. Mark Coplin has sold an insert to prevent the collapsing issue, but I know some of you have wanted to get your hands on the Samco Air Intake Ducts like LPE use to install. I have found a source for them, but they will cost $158.00
So when I inquired about a group purchase, I was told that we could get them down to $130.00 (maybe less) with enough units ordered. I am not sure about color availability at this point, but I think several of the high gloss finishes are available such as blue, black, red, green, purple, yellow and orange.

So if you are interested in ordering one, sign up in this thread.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #2
WB9MCW

Exclamation I must just be lucky

60k miles and my duct looks purrrfect....better find sum wood to knock on!!! doyathink that some are just thinner than others???
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #3
bowtiguy

count me in for a black one AND a blue one for my pops 1991 quazar ZR1.

$158 or $130 I'm game for it, just let me know when we need to send the funds. Most folks are worried about collapsing the bellow <sp?> I need one stronger for a forced fed application ;-)
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #4
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW
60k miles and my duct looks purrrfect....better find sum wood to knock on!!! doyathink that some are just thinner than others???
Glad to hear it, as is mine.

I suspect that some are put under greater stress than others It could also be a problem with them being taken off for periods of time and slightly deforming or getting crimped. I would not doubt that some are exposed to greater temperature extremes which might also have an effect on them.

The Samco Duct is desired by some for cosmetic reasons, and others will want one to eliminate the accordion effect of the intake. I am not sure that anyone has done a flow test to determine if the smooth Samco reduces air intake turbulence, but some people believe it works. I think I will order one myself just to have as a backup to the GM, or visa versa.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #5
WB9MCW

Arrow rub a dub dub....

I SEE THE ACCORDIAN RUB AGAINST MY HOOD AND it mars the paint and white frb shows through,,,a bit ulgy and neg points at a show i suppose!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #6
cuisinartvette

Put me down for a black one ('90)
Old 09-01-2005   #7
tf95ZR1

A red one for me........

Ted Feder
95 ZR1
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #8
zr1_368

Default samco hose.

I am interested in one blue samco hose for my zr1 air duct.
If you need to contact me you can E-mail at Louisdispinse30@hotmail.com.
Regards Louis
zr1_368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #9
Aurora40

I'm in. I'd prefer a black one.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #10
Kevin

Bryan,
your duct may look perfect but I can assure you it is causing you problems. Open your hood and pinch the duct and see how easily it collapses. This is costing you power when you go wot. Of course if you have changed out the duct to an aftermarket one then this isn't a problem.