Old 03-18-2013   #31
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Registration open for BG 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 View Post
Corb,
The best thing is to just review the itinerary. But from my limited experience (2): Wed night everybody meets in the Holiday Inn University Plaza-Bowling Green atrium/patio for a pizza and beer social. Everybody ends up in the parking lot around the cars for as long as you want. It's the first night of the famous Bob G and Pete motorhome meet.
Thurs AM, it's about a 15 min drive to the NCM for check-in. There are special ZR-1's on display inside. There are discussions in a really nice auditorium usually given by the bigwigs and stars in our community. I don't fall asleep because I'm interested in the topics, ranging from Z maintenance, science, modification, and racing history. There are drags at Beech Bend, autocross, depending on a lot of factors.
Friday again begins at the NCM, more talks. In the past, tours of the BG Corvette assembly plant (< 5 min away) are given: I'm not sure if they are available this time. Friday night Jim Van Dorn hosts a BBQ at his shop (again ~5 min from the NCM). JVD slaves over the grill while his beagle just lays there and sleeps. Occasionally he barks (the dog, not JVD).
Sat again to the NCM and meetings/talks I think there is a shine and show contest. There are scenic drives to see the countryside (bourbon!), and drives to other destinations of Corvette interest (Frame manufacturer for the C6). Sat night is a buffet dinner at the NCM with an auction: kinda cheezy. They had a cake shaped like an LT5. My guess is that most everybody goes, and for $30-35 you won't go broke. Grand Sport and Callaway guys are there in surprising numbers.
I'm sure I've left out stuff, and this is JMHO. The best part is meeting all the people you just know as a name and avitar and seeing that they are just as crazy as you/I am (about their cars).
Oh yeah, there are always things to buy. Some vendors show up (I remember SW), the NCM has some good stuff, and ZR-1 momentos are available. Cool to get stuff signed. We are crazy!

PS: Just thought of another way to look at it. As long as you are going, you might as well go to the events unless you have something better to do.
Wednesday @ the Holiday Inn Lobby. The club sponsors beer and the best locally made pizza! Starts at 6:30pm.

Thursday night is "Jim Van Dorn's" BBQ, but this year he has a sign up dinner $20 (steak / chicken dinner) Check his website.

Friday is Chicago's BBQ in the holiday inn's parking lot. (this is something special! Some Lousiana and Chicago boyz have something special planned!!!!)

Most go to the Banquet Dinner Saturday and it's set up in the Skydome around the cars! First time there!

We are working on Drag Racing Thursday... Lots of interesting cars getting signed up!!!

There are some interesting speakers and seminars too.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist...ing/info.shtml

David

Last edited by ZZZZZR1; 03-18-2013 at 06:54 AM.
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #32
Corbusa

Cool Thanks Guys. We'll get there Fri. and leave Sun. Can you save me a parking spot? nuk nuk nuk

Last edited by Corbusa; 03-18-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #33
MickeyD

Thinking about going. Any Texas meeting up for convoy?
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #34
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
Yes sir! I think there are at least 5 minimum.

Dave Adams is the lead there!

David
Old 03-18-2013   #35
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 View Post
Yes sir! I think there are at least 5 minimum.

Dave Adams is the lead there!

David
What's his screen name?
Thanks,
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #36
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
What's his screen name?
Thanks,
He will hit you up today. There is a nice group coming from Texas!

David
Old 03-18-2013   #37
Fully Vetted

What's up MickeyD? This is David. Right now the Texas Crew caravan is only about 4 strong but I'm sure I'll be getting confirmations from a couple of more. I'm going to start a thread in the Southwest Region Forum here in the next couple of days with the travel plan suggestion so we can all coordinate on the best day to leave and so forth. Look forward to meeting you. If you haven't registered I would if I were you. Rooms are going fast. Hey, which Z are you thinking of bringing?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #38
Jetjock

Working on the days off but am registered for the event. Don't forget about Gordon's class on that Thursday morning. Check out the Southeast Region for more.

If I feel the need for speed,
I just think about flying the B-777.

1989 Dk Blue Coupe lost in divorce
1991 Black Coupe SOLD
1992 Black ZR-1 #423 SOLD!
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary ZR-1 #334
1995 Black ZR-1 taken by ex-wife
2002 Pewter Coupe no idea where it is
2003 50th Anniversary Corvette #No idea what number SOLD!
ZR-1 Net Registry #516
Grand Sport Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime #1468
ZR-1 Net Registry Board Secretary
Jetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #39
vandornjim

Default More BBQ News

I’ve invited another guest speaker for this year’s BBQ at the Gathering. Some of you might remember the original Corvette Action Center. It was originally staffed by Gordon Killabrew, Jerry Watts, and Harold White. I was talking to Jerry yesterday and invited him to talk at our BBQ. I explained that some of what we all think of “old stuff” is actually new to many new owners and some of you old dudes who have forgotten the good ‘ol days. J
He’s going to check with Judi and see what they can arrange.
I’ll tell ya, back in those days I came to work at 4:30am my time because I knew they were working at the plant already (6:30 their time). I couldn’t wait to get updates as far as production VIN’s coming through, checking on orders for my buddies, lots of things. If Jerry can make it, you’ll have a chance to hear some interesting stories about the build of the ZR-1s.
And there was much more than the build. We actually took some out for “testing” and it was amazing how each one was different. Some were up on horsepower (most of the white ones) and some were very low on power. They were mostly purple and turquoise models…
We’ve already got 28 registered including some notorious names from the past. It’s gonna be fun!
See registration:
http://automastersofbg.com/?page_id=1153
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #40
boostedmaxPSI

Quote:
With that many ZR-1's you must mean you are thinking about which one to drive!!!

I'm registered. I will either leave on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when the bulk of the group from TEXAS is going.

I'm also registered for the JVD BBQ.

Where are we meeting up?
1992 Callaway SuperNatural 435 Aerobody (sold)

For Sale:
boostedmaxPSI is offline   Reply With Quote