ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-14-2003   #1
Anonymous

Default opinions wanted

Just looking for any comments and opinions on an exhaust system for my 90. Am considering B&B or Powereffects. I would prefer not to get anything too loud. Any help would be much appreciated. thks Rob
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003   #2
Anonymous

Z Factor

Mine is stock, but I wanted to just welcome you to the ZR-1 Net. I'm sure others will be along to give their opinions.
Old 12-14-2003   #3
Anonymous

Joseph

robbissett:I have a corsa on mine and realy like it some dont.If you like it loud, then the corsa is not for you the others have a resonance at 1500 to 2000 RPM, Corsa does not. Powereffect has a awsome sound, B&B are loud also . Try to find some Z with different exhaust then compare.
Old 12-14-2003   #4
Anonymous

As I heard, if you’re looking for the most horsepower out of an exhaust system, then go with the B&B Triflow. If you’re worried about listening to your Bose system, try something else.
Old 12-14-2003   #5
Anonymous

Tri-flows are loud, sound great and look great but are loud. The resonance was really bad unless they have made a design change. Power Effects also look great but are also loud and have some resonance. Borla quality just plain sucks. Corsa might be the way to go. Quiet until you punch it.
Old 12-14-2003   #6
Anonymous

the new tri flows don't resonate as bad but are still pretty loud!! if you want quiet stick with stock, or consider the corsa. I agree with Dave about the borla except the challenge system I have on my 95 LPE. it's a 2 3/4 system with resonator, pretty quiet, good quality. but it was done by Alex Borla for Larry Merrow and is an exception to the rule.
Old 12-14-2003   #7
Anonymous

I just put a B&B on my 92 and it looks great, the sound is also bearable. It is the three inch triflo, the only issue I have so far is scrapping our speed bumbs.