ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-16-2023   #11
secondchance

Default Re: Question about removing Bose and installing Pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max76 View Post
I secondchance...i have all the bose system (head unit and speaker) but i insallet 4 little amp in every speaker box (if i remember correctly 25watt), they work good with the original cable, but when i turn on there is a popping as you say and also i hear the alternator whine...and when you run the car is very very noise...how i can erase this noise? Thanks in advance
Do you hear these noises in all 4 speakers? Most likely not. If so, replace the amps on the side where you hear the popping and/or whine. Factory system should run noise free as was installed.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023   #12
max76

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Do you hear these noises in all 4 speakers? Most likely not. If so, replace the amps on the side where you hear the popping and/or whine. Factory system should run noise free as was installed.
Yes, in all 4 speakers...i try to change one amp but the result is the same...i have all the bose system except the 4 amps...but there is a lot of noise...
max76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023   #13
secondchance

Quote:
Yes, in all 4 speakers...i try to change one amp but the result is the same...i have all the bose system except the 4 amps...but there is a lot of noise...
When you say you installed 4 amps, you mean 4 non Bose amps? If so, that won't work. Bse is 2 ohm system and typical aftermarket car amps are 4 ohm system.
If you want amps that work and more wattage, look for 97 to 00 Eldorado Bose amps. These Eldo Bose amps are same width and height but a little taller. C4 Bose amps are 50W and Eldo version is 100W.
Rear will fit with no mod but fronts, cover will have to be built up.
Typically Eldo Bose amps are sold as speaker assembly. So, you will have to buy the entire speaker/enclosure and remove the amp for our application.

https://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26010

While at it, mix Elmer's glue 50/50 with water and apply 3 coats (dry thoroughly between the coats) on speaker cones. This will stiffen the speaker cones and improve the sound.
Old 01-18-2023   #14
max76

Quote:
When you say you installed 4 amps, you mean 4 non Bose amps? If so, that won't work. Bse is 2 ohm system and typical aftermarket car amps are 4 ohm system.
If you want amps that work and more wattage, look for 97 to 00 Eldorado Bose amps. These Eldo Bose amps are same width and height but a little taller. C4 Bose amps are 50W and Eldo version is 100W.
Rear will fit with no mod but fronts, cover will have to be built up.
Typically Eldo Bose amps are sold as speaker assembly. So, you will have to buy the entire speaker/enclosure and remove the amp for our application.

https://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26010

While at it, mix Elmer's glue 50/50 with water and apply 3 coats (dry thoroughly between the coats) on speaker cones. This will stiffen the speaker cones and improve the sound.
I installed 4 amps (bought on aliexpress) very very cheap...(i'm not an electronic)...the system work, the only problem is the noise....
max76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023   #15
secondchance

Quote:
I installed 4 amps (bought on aliexpress) very very cheap...(i'm not an electronic)...the system work, the only problem is the noise....
Incompatibility between 4 ohm amps trying to work with 2 ohm Bose system.
Old 01-20-2023   #16
TerraNova

Quote:
If I install a new double din head unit do I need to keep the original CDM or should I replace it or can I just dispose of it and use the Metra cabling to connect the speaker amps directly to the head unit? I apologies as I?m not sure where a CDM has a role in todays head units, they seem to be very complete units.
Whole idea of Metra is to use low level RCA output of the new head unit. You do not need CDM.

I did read that the OEM aerial connects to the CDM - if the CDM is removed can the aerial now connect to the head unit either directly or via the Metra Cabling too?
Factory antenna cable from the antenna connects under the storage compartment behind the passenger seat. Connect antenna cable from the new head unit to factory connection.
Many thanks for your input - I?ve now got a very good picture of how this will pan out.
TerraNova is offline   Reply With Quote