ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-24-2010   #151
tomtom72

Default Re: Blue Smoke

I just love happy endings....well except for the u-joints! I'm sure that the Texas ZR-1 owners organization will get 'er dunn!

I forgot this fact and it could be important. Luis, you have RC's right? I just remembered that they have a different tip design than the ACDelco/OEM-GM injectors...they are not self-cleaning. Slime in the gas can clog the RC's because they don't use the disc design like the OE injector tips. I use that Techron / Techrolene cleaner every other month on my car. Sorry I plead senility on forgetting this!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #152
FULLPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
I just love happy endings....well except for the u-joints! I'm sure that the Texas ZR-1 owners organization will get 'er dunn!

I forgot this fact and it could be important. Luis, you have RC's right? I just remembered that they have a different tip design than the ACDelco/OEM-GM injectors...they are not self-cleaning. Slime in the gas can clog the RC's because they don't use the disc design like the OE injector tips. I use that Techron / Techrolene cleaner every other month on my car. Sorry I plead senility on forgetting this!

Tom
Hey Tom ! yep RC 210's
nother dum question:
Techrolene ?? is that the stuff you select at some pumps? or do you mean chevron thats suppose to be good gas??? or a bottle of some sort ??????

Tom, You are genuine and a sincerely educative individual !!!!!
I am glad you are part of this forum. I hope one day to be able to contribute just an ounce of what you do.

Luis
FULLPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #153
tomtom72

Hey Luis, I'm blushing! Besides, I missed telling you to test the secondary solenoid, didn't I?

You are welcome, man. I try to help if I am able to do so because I was helped. Pay it forward, right? Our Brotherhood is tight!

Oh, the Techrolene stuff or Techron is a product of Chevron as an additive in their gas. They bottle it as fuel treatment and I buy it at Costco in four packs...because it's cheaper than at the parts store. I do remember Gordon saying that it is okay to use that as a fuel additive for mild cleaning and as a preventative measure. I can't find any Chervron stations where I live so I use BP or Shell 93 in my car and add the Techron stuff just to be sure. I'm a belt & suspenders type!

Now get'er dunn!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #154
USAFPILOT

dang yall had to do it again...man I thought that new alternator was the way to go. Ohh well. Too bad I missed the fun, but a few more Taliban have been put 6 feet under...if they do that.

I should getmy wheels mounted this week. We should all go for a drive or something.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #155
FULLPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
dang yall had to do it again...man I thought that new alternator was the way to go. Ohh well. Too bad I missed the fun, but a few more Taliban have been put 6 feet under...if they do that.

I should getmy wheels mounted this week. We should all go for a drive or something.

Im ready
FULLPWR is offline   Reply With Quote