ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2015   #22
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Source for Bilstein shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettes White View Post
Below is my order through AJ-USA (AJUSA.COM). Each package contained a pair of sets. One order for the front and the other for the rear.

Physically they fit. I have no way of knowing if the hardness of the bushings was per factory specification, but I have never seen poly bushings advertised as matching factory specification. Jaun at Bilstein said he had no listing for the factory replacement bushings for the FX3 shocks. The bushings did not feel particularly hard, and I feel comfortable putting them under the car - street use.

I also bought new shocks to use. I have several shocks from both '89 and '90 cars. The top cover portions on the original shocks are concave maybe providing a nesting type surface for the original rubber bushings. The replacement shocks all have flat tops. My guess is that it does not matter by looking at the geometry.

George

Part Number
Product Description
Qty
Unit Price
Price
BIL 98153GX
Item: Bilstein Part
Fits:

$14.40
$28.80
BIL 98152GX
Item: Bilstein Part
Fits:

$14.40
$28.80
Sub Total
$57.60
The only bushings I'm referring to are the bottom rears. After giving Bilstein the correct part number for the 1991 shocks they sent me 2 sets two separate times. The part numbers on the wrong parts are E4-B46-56A. I'm telling you,those people in customer support haven't got a clue as to what they are selling.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote