ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-21-2007   #1
bradslt5

Default who can tune a zr1 in the west ?

i just got this car and would like to double ck the tune. i have some vacation time comming in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone new of a zr1 shop/tuner in the west that can run my car on the dyno to make sure the tune is right . the prom in it now is from z-industries . contacted them but they dont do our cars anymore. does pnwzr1 tune cars ?they are a ways away but if they are good id drive to see them . how far from san jose are they? or does anyone know of a good tuner in my area? thanx for helping a newbie
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #2
1990 quasar blue

Default Re: who can tune a zr1 in the west ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
i just got this car and would like to double ck the tune. i have some vacation time comming in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone new of a zr1 shop/tuner in the west that can run my car on the dyno to make sure the tune is right . the prom in it now is from z-industries . contacted them but they dont do our cars anymore. does pnwzr1 tune cars ?they are a ways away but if they are good id drive to see them . how far from san jose are they? or does anyone know of a good tuner in my area? thanx for helping a newbie
Hi, the first thing that I would do is move this over to the ZR1 section. If all you want to do is check your AFR then any dyno with a sniffer will do. I've always heard good things about Andy. He owns A&A Corvette out your way but, I'd bet dimes to dollars that he's not going to tune it. I'm not sure if Jeff (PNWZR1) is tuning cars or not. What I do know, is if he says he can, then he can. He's done some other things for my car and I wouldn't hesitate to recomend him.
1990 ZR1 #2574
Medium Quasar Blue Metallic
1 of 19
1990 quasar blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #3
tomcat

Hi, Jeff just tune of a friend of mine ZR1. He is very happy with the work & knowlege of ZR1's. http://pnwzr1.com. He also does power coating. Give him a shout.

Manfred E.........
91 ZR! #906

Last edited by tomcat; 10-21-2007 at 04:34 PM.
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #4
bradslt5

thanx for the info .I never recieved a email or call back from pnwzr1 . is there another on the west coast.? thankyou
Old 10-23-2007   #5
Jeffvette

Brad Chichester. I did get your email, but when i looked at who it was from, the name on the account was Brad Taylor. Did you get Brads email account when you got the car from his sister when you bought the car?

As you can see, I've been getting emails from you for quite some time.

Old 10-23-2007   #6
bradslt5

gosh, i dont know what to say? i bought the car off David Bays who lived in ridgecrest calif.he was selling it for someone else. the car came with a lapp top . but i had it wiped out at computor zone. i am very new to these things . i guess I will have to take it back to them. thats all I can think of . sorry that it came to you that way . wish i could be of more help.i am clueless about computors though .thankyou for the information
Old 10-23-2007   #7
Jeffvette

Quote:
gosh, i dont know what to say? i bought the car off David Bays who lived in ridgecrest calif.he was selling it for someone else. the car came with a lapp top . but i had it wiped out at computor zone. i am very new to these things . i guess I will have to take it back to them. thats all I can think of . sorry that it came to you that way . wish i could be of more help.i am clueless about computors though .thankyou for the information
So which is it. Did you buy the car from this David Bays fellow or from your sisters friend as mentioned in this previous post.

Quote:
hi , well i just bought a 90 black with red guts car has 137k it has headers borla exhaust 410 gears ported inj housing and plenum new clutch. the paint is perfect but will need to replace the interior. i bought the car of one of my sisters girl friends who was selling it for her brother who took a job in u.a.e.. I PAID 16K for her . car runs awsome. what should i look out for ? car even came with a set of drag radials.how many miles could i get out of her before i need to worry about a rebuild? thanx for any help

I assume you got his phone number to since you sent it to another forum member and it matches the number I have for Brad Taylor.

Interesting looking at your profile too. Says you own 2 ZR-1's. Man you move fast in buying these cars.

Brad, just give it up. Several other members have PM'd me on the registry forum as well as CF where you have returned as terrysvette.
Old 11-06-2007   #8
bradslt5

sorry sir I wish i could do as you ask but I a not the person you think I am. if you are ever in san jose stop by 879 pinewood dr . take the saratoga exit off 280 go to the first stop light which is moorpark make a right go 1/3 of a mile make a left on pine wood go till you hit the intersection of strawberrypark and pinewood i am on the north west corner . the driveway faces strawberry park drive. ck it out . then maybe you will have enough class to say your sorry. if not then please may I exsist in peace without your vile accusations . thankyou brad chichester
Old 12-19-2007   #9
Jeffvette

So Brad, when you bought the car, did the stories come along with the car?

Taken from the actioncenter 12/14/07
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...d.php?t=100840

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradsLT5
well there is this loud mouthed guy in my home town that beats up on everybody . i allways wished i could have raced him to shut him up , as he allways is making fun of everyones cars .well i am cruizing on 395 comming home for turkey dinner when about 60 miles from home i see in my rear view mirror a pantera he gets closer and i think no way thats clyde ,but he pulls up next to me and it is so we slow to 30 as there is no traffic ans off we go and by 120 i got him by 4 cars he tries me 3 times with the same result. the story gets better as that fri a bunch of my old buds come over to the house saying clyde wants to takke me on at our old 1/4 mile spot . well after listening to my mom ***** me out my dad says lets go shut the big outh up . so off we go . so with 50 people out there I smoke him by 5 cars twice and he leaves with his tail between his leggs as i am getting high 5s from the guys and my dad having the proudest look on his face . this is one thanksgiving i will remember for ever my car a fully ported zr1 with headers and 410s . car has run a best 11.35 @123ph @ famoso in bakersfield. long live the king . zr1s still are way cool cars
Taken from the ZR1netregistry 9/20/07:
http://www.zr1netregistry.com/forum/...ad.php?p=27093

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonszr1
there is alottery wiinner in bishop that braggs on his very modded pantera .its suppose to be the fastest car in bishop 60 miles north. well having made a job change again back to the old golf course job that i found I loved. but thats another story. well i am coming back from bakersfield with 300 lbs of fertilizer in the car . i go to turn on the lightsand one doesnt come up. So I pull off and open up the clam and a wire is stopping it . So i fix that and am just dropping the clam and ihear this roar go by . I spin around and its that Pantera that everyone talks about. so off i go about 2 miles ahead I catch up ,he seem to slow thinking i am a chp maybe so i shift into 4th blast by ,hopefully letting him knowthat I wanta play, so I slow shift into 4 th . the first ime i kinda jump the gun . but i notice he doesnt gain on me I slow again and this time he hits it first but low and behold by the top of 4th I am 2 cars ahead and going strong .i hit 120 and slow .he pulls up next to me and we go again with the same result . then he slows to 30 and off we go . till 55 we are evn i hear him shift and he falls a car back and by 120 i am 3-4 cars ahead well i slow wxpecting him to motion me to pull over but he just zooms by. well i get home an hr later and have 15 messages on my machine from buddies in bishop telling me about this guy complaing that I jumped him.but that I had a fast car . so we set up a 1/4 mile race last night . thank god for small towns with not enough cops . we raced twice (with about 50on lookers) well he got e out of the gate but i pulled by him hard and by the end of the 1/4 got him by 2 cars both times . i had my Gtech hooked up times were 12.18 @118.79 and 112.75 @119.62 A4000et eelevation . the group of car guys there pronounced me king of ownes valley. kinda strange feeling as its been a hard week getting banned from the forum by a person who bald faced lied about me . god sure is an interesting guy how did he know this was just what I needed to bring e out of the doldroms even if it was a tad illegal. Man i love these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad/Jon/Willie Mac/Terry You have wasted my time on three different occasions about LT5 work. Each time nothing has ever come through. I'm done. No more help, no parts, no porting work... nothing. All I expect in return is to leave me and the PNWZR1 name alone.
Old 12-19-2007   #10
GOLDCYLON

HADIs cousin ?
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote