ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2014   #1
Mitsumark

Default My last effort

Guys--Is there any other place oil could enter the combustion chamber other than rings,valve seals/stems,PCV system?The car is once again burning oil at an alarming rate to the point where it smokes out the tailpipes at idle pretty good now..It's to the point where it's embarrassing to drive the car..Compression checked out good,PCV system is operating effectively as Plenty of suction is present at the valves, and on both Plenum PCV pipes..Removing the oil cap when running there is no blowby coming out..The car still pulls hard without hesitation..Pulling the plugs with only 300 miles on them show oil on 2 of the passenger side plugs..I've read stories about the header bolt on the passenger side,and also the filters under the cam covers.Are either of these a possibility?My gut is telling me it needs valve seals..If thats the case I will be selling the car for sure..Haibeck wants 9K to rebuild the motor to it's current 368 specs..I know valve seals dont mean a total rebuild but if the motor has to come out then why stop there?I can't justify putting that much coin into it considering it is not a prestine car..Me fixing it myself is out of the question as I don't have the time as of now due to work..Your advice is my last attempt at getting some more suggestions before the car is EBay bound..I love the car but Ive had enough..
Mitsumark is offline   Reply With Quote