ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-17-2014   #11
White Bullet

Default Re: General Website Gripes

Bob,
I had the timeout issue you are. One of the Mods made a change to my account and since then it has not been a problem. Also I to have experienced the page loading problem as well. For me it comes and goes. Seems that maybe this may be related to the web site traffic (peek times vs. non peak) or not.
Old 08-17-2014   #12
edram454

never a timeout either. I use a old version of windows 7 and I use google chrome as my browser. never an issue.

ed ramos #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014   #13
Schrade

I notice sometimes pages load slower too.

I do Linux + FF browser, but still attribute most delay to end user's ISP + hardware.

But I have seen some strange behavior which can ONLY be attributed to Z servers not sync'ed with each other.

Friday, Z-Factor's windshield thread came up in GP, but tonywy's post, which resurrected it from 2011, didn't appear on the last page, on the server I was logged onto. I clicked Back button, and you could see that tonywy HAD posted.

Click Forward, and the same display came up withOUT the post. :12 - :15 later, the post came up. Same server sync'ed, or different server, I don't know.

Some web forums' pages tell which of the site's servers that you're logged onto - forums dot techguy dot org is one of them.

Savy users can help admin ID server sync problems with that.....
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014   #14
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
I never have had slowness issues.....for the clockout on the post, I always "copy" my note to avoid the potential of losing it.
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions, guys. Lee, I normally always copy it also and usually need that copy. Just doesn't seem like I should have to do that. Doesn't happen on other websites. --Bob

Later edit: PS, when I posted this reply it took about 10 seconds for the screen to come back.
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-18-2014 at 10:25 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014   #15
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
OP - Is you PC a Win 7 or Win 8 machine? If yes try running IE with no add-ons and see if that might help. START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > INTERNET EXPLORER (NO ADD ONS).

If it's a Win7 or Win8 machine maybe try IE11. I believe even in Vista there might be the 'no add-ons' option for IE10.
I use Windows 7 and W Explorer 10. Version 11 seems to have some bugs in it and also does not work with some of my wife's business programs. I'll try the no add-ons. Thanks--Bob
Subsequent check: I am already running Windows Explorer 10 without add-ons.
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-18-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2014   #16
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Bob I have seen the same speed issues.. I am always signed in do that is not a issue for me. There are days this site is very slow and other when it is fine. I too have asked and the response was it was five for them.. Must be me..

I have seen the issues on 3 different computers, 2 different androids and 5 different Internet provider connections
Hi Jeff--I always sign out and frequently clear cookies and temp files. And I guess you are right--there are days when it works fine, but mostly slower. To my original question--did we switch servers some time ago? I now get all my email notices from Jim Voter's computer/email address for some reason. Is there some relation there? --Bob
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 08-18-2014   #17
A1990

No changes have been made to the server to my knowledge for many years. All invoices I have for the forum hosting are to the same company. They could have possibly made internal changes of which we are not aware.

Jim is co-administrator of the forum and probably changed that information in 2011. Email contact should probably be forum@zr1netregisry.com
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer

Last edited by A1990; 08-18-2014 at 12:13 PM.
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014   #18
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bullet View Post
Bob,
I had the timeout issue you are. One of the Mods made a change to my account and since then it has not been a problem. Also I to have experienced the page loading problem as well. For me it comes and goes. Seems that maybe this may be related to the web site traffic (peek times vs. non peak) or not.
Any idea what change the moderator made to your account? Maybe it is just a setting on my account? Thanks, Bob

PS the time lapse from hitting "Submit Reply" to getting here was 13 seconds this time.
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-19-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2014   #19
WARP TEN

Thanks for all the responses on this -- it is frustrating not to be able to pin down a cause for the slowness and the timeout problem. Seems that some people have experienced these issues while others have not. A dilemma, like an intermittent electrical problem. Hopefully someone will have a light bulb moment and figure something to do. --Bob

PS only six seconds this time from "Submit reply" to here.
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 08-19-2014   #20
Fully Vetted

Time out issues here as well...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote