ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-19-2014   #21
Dynomite

Default Re: General Website Gripes

When you are posting or PMing......just copy work every minute or so. Then if timed out (or in my case I hit the wrong key)...just reload and paste.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014   #22
Fully Vetted

Or, just lengthen the amount of time before timing out. I'm assuming the purpose for the time out to begin with is to limit the amount of idle traffic that is soaking up bandwidth. What if we doubled the time out limit for Members and left the current time out limit for guests? That would go a long way with those of us with time out issues and it wouldn't affect the guests.

BTW...this post just took 33 secs to post. And that's with very limited traffic.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014   #23
WVZR-1

I don't have issues that appear regularly and for those that do I'd think I'd look into my router configuration. Restarting it might actually fix your issues and restarting the modem also. I've had dial-up, satellite, DSL and cable service with generally a very good experience with all of them but it certainly doesn't hurt to restart the hardware occasionally.

I understand all of you mention it's only with "this forum" but it doesn't seem as wide spread as to indicate an issue with the "forum" server/s.

The other thing that could be a nuisance locally could be DNS. Just Google "Clear DNS Cache" and read a couple of the results. When the Registry Web-site was redone the DNS had problems for a few days sporadically and the fix at that time was to "clear the DNS cache" and let it build itself over. I'd restart modem and then router just for grins. Takes very little effort/time.

*** This post took maybe 9 -10 seconds to post. That's unusual for me. The "edit" was instantaneous!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 08-20-2014 at 08:32 PM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014   #24
Fully Vetted

I was typing the argument that if it was my router it would be slow all other sites as well when I realized the same thing can be said of the site. If it was the site EVERYONE would be slow. And clearly not everyone is having this issue.

I took your advise, followed your instructions and cleared my cache. Let's see it that helps...

***Lol...this post literally took less than 2 secs to post***

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 08-21-2014   #25
White Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Any idea what change the moderator made to your account? Maybe it is just a setting on my account? Thanks, Bob

PS the time lapse from hitting "Submit Reply" to getting here was 13 seconds this time.
Bob, Sorry I do not know what change was made. However the comment I received was that it something to do with a time out setting. At the time when I was logged on for more than a minute while typing a message I would be booted out of the system and lose what I had typed. I still to this day will copy my entered message before I submit it, just call me paranoid.
Old 08-21-2014   #26
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
I was typing the argument that if it was my router it would be slow all other sites as well when I realized the same thing can be said of the site. If it was the site EVERYONE would be slow. And clearly not everyone is having this issue.

I took your advise, followed your instructions and cleared my cache. Let's see it that helps...

***Lol...this post literally took less than 2 secs to post***
How are you posting the time it takes you to post, without editting to add the time?

Edit this post took 22 seconds to post.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494

Last edited by Hog; 08-21-2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: added time to post
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014   #27
Fully Vetted

I type my message, hit Post Reply and start counting. If it takes 10 secs then I edit the post and say it took 10 secs.

***This one was immediate. Less than 1 sec.***

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 08-22-2014   #28
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
I type my message, hit Post Reply and start counting. If it takes 10 secs then I edit the post and say it took 10 secs.

***This one was immediate. Less than 1 sec.***
Your "editted" posts do show as "editted" like everyone sles do.

Just curious.

Edit: This post took 32 seconds to post.

Old 08-22-2014   #29
Hog

Hmm, weird, my above post which was editted doesnt show the editted message.

example of message:" Last edited by WVZR-1; 1 Day Ago at 08:32 PM"

Edit: This message took 4 seconds to post.

Last edited by Hog; 08-22-2014 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Editted message.
Old 08-22-2014   #30
Fully Vetted

It doesn't show as edited if you edit it within a certain amount of time from the posting. I believe it's one minute.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter: