ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-09-2015   #21
XfireZ51

Default Re: Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMYRC51 View Post
Ok, quick update and more info. My injectors have been replaced, they are not the stock units. My car has had a chip in it for quite sometime and never had a problem. I have driven this identical set up; chip, catback w/x-pipe, K&N with open airbox top pretty much since I bought the car about 18 months ago. I drove it with zero problems during the Caravan this year to Bowling Green and back without a single stall. Now it has not gotten any worse and only happens coming down from a higher engine speed. From a lower speed or coasting easily it does not shut down and when it does it always starts easy. I am under the impression, as somebody mentioned, that it could be the IAC and/or dirty throttle body. I have only driven my car twice since I last posted this question and they were both short drives. I will look into the IAC suggestions today if possible and report back. I do hope to attend the ZR-1 gathering in May so maybe I can put some faces to names. Thanks guys.
If possible see if you can get a scantool on it and let us know what is the IAC count, RPM and kPa at Closed Loop idle. With key ON, what is TPS v?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015   #22
NVMYRC51

Default Re: Problem?

Alright! Upon closer inspection it seems the airbox had come loose from the hose connecting the box to the horn. I hooked up, retightened, and drove it without incident. So I am hoping that is it but I will put some miles on her tomorrow after I double check and possibly clean the IAT and TB assembly. Fingers are crossed.
NVMYRC51 is offline   Reply With Quote