Power Effects 19 6.38%
MagnaFlow 3 1.01%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007   #121
RHanselman

Default Re: Best Sounding Exhaust for the ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
I have a ? on the desert development exhaust . i have aquired a fire damaged car thats supposed to have one on it was it 3in and di it have an x pipe in the system? what type of mufflers were they as they have what looks like almost stk tips (90-91) on them?
My D&D had stock looking tips and smaller mufflers. The x pipe was two square tubes up front. System is loud and is as bad as the old B&B for resonance... It's also carbon steel...
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #122
cuisinartvette

The second gen B&B isnt anything like the first, its pretty quiet. Drove around a friends GS yesterday afternoon and I was shocked at how quiet it is inside, almsot no drone at all. If any it was very very slight low in the rpm range. Almost too quiet for me (from the outside at least), very tame and stockish sounding on the inside, just a little louder than stock.

To think I scored a new B&B system for $300 and gave it to a friend for his project, derrr!! THey are not crazy heavy like everyone says, either. Have it sitting in my closet lol.
Old 12-14-2007   #123
ernbuild

Over here in the land down under, we dont have the choice you guys have unless we wait weeks to have them sent over, However doesnt stop us from having them made. Mine were made by Custom Exhaust service over here and they are fantastic.. 2inch pipe headers all balanced interconnected, long tube extractors, no cats, twin 3 inch exhaust, and sounds like a jumbo taking off. Not a bloke in the club that wouldnt kill for the sound of my ZR1 under full throttle. Im not very good with a computer but will try to post a recording of the beast.
All ive done is the extractors and a Hiebeck chip and under full go in first the rear breaks loose around 2800 RPM. PS run 335 onthe rear.
Cheers Ernie.
ernbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #124
HIZNHRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernbuild
Over here in the land down under, we dont have the choice you guys have unless we wait weeks to have them sent over, However doesnt stop us from having them made. Mine were made by Custom Exhaust service over here and they are fantastic.. 2inch pipe headers all balanced interconnected, long tube extractors, no cats, twin 3 inch exhaust, and sounds like a jumbo taking off. Not a bloke in the club that wouldnt kill for the sound of my ZR1 under full throttle. Im not very good with a computer but will try to post a recording of the beast.
All ive done is the extractors and a Hiebeck chip and under full go in first the rear breaks loose around 2800 RPM. PS run 335 onthe rear.
Cheers Ernie.
Hey Ernie, welcome to the ZR1 nut house. How long have you had your KOH? Is it right-hand drive? By the way, I hear people born on March 31st have the fastest cars.

Scott
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #125
ernbuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ
Hey Ernie, welcome to the ZR1 nut house. How long have you had your KOH? Is it right-hand drive? By the way, I hear people born on March 31st have the fastest cars.

Scott
Hi Scott, sounds like your one day off an April fool like yours truely.
Yes shes right hand drive,converted here in 93 I believe. Not put on the road till 12 months ago when I aquired her.
cheers Ernie
Old 12-14-2007   #126
WB9MCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernbuild
Cheers Ernie.

HEY DO YOU KNOW THIS BLOKE?

"" Hi I'm John Magyar from Australia, and last easter on a closed test track(4.5 klm oval -banked) I had my 91 ZR-1 upto 285 klph in just over 3.5 klm. :!: :lol:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...9mcw/SIG-2.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/wb9mcw/vcm.gif
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #127
ernbuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW
HEY DO YOU KNOW THIS BLOKE?

"" Hi I'm John Magyar from Australia, and last easter on a closed test track(4.5 klm oval -banked) I had my 91 ZR-1 upto 285 klph in just over 3.5 klm. :!: :lol:
regards Ernie
Old 02-27-2008   #128
the mex

mine has headers with borla.but its not raspy enough for me.i want more of an f-1 car sound.what is recomended?i have been told corsa sounds good.
the mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #129
tf95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mex
mine has headers with borla.but its not raspy enough for me.i want more of an f-1 car sound.what is recomended?i have been told corsa sounds good.

Loose the resonator and put in an X pipe
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #130
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mex
The exhaust note is a very subjective thing with various opinions. With headers, no cats, a x-pipe and B&B exhaust, you will have one of the loudest sounding systems going. Some love it while others like a more refined sound. Your best bet is to listen to a few before buying because more than a few people have switched out their systems.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote