ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-11-2016   #31
rush91

Default Re: ZR-1 Road Trip - Vettes on Lex Corvette Show - Corpus Christi

Just wow!!! I want to thank you Jim, and all forum members for your service and sacrifice to this great country. Your roadtrip pictures never cease to amaze, and this time I'm pretty much speechless....What a way to showcase the legendary ZR-1 and Americas true sports car, The Corvette. I can't think of any better way, especially on the Anniversary of 9/11. You two have a safe trip the rest of your way and God bless America!!
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #32
Jagdpanzer

My first Navy ship was the USS Dennis J. Buckley DD808 a WW2 era destroyer which I served on in the early 70s. I spent the first couple months A-Gang where I had my first encounter with the mighty Horbart Mk38 Mod 4 spud peeler. My duty was to grease it once a week, whether it needed it or not. Believe me this machine rocked when it came to peeling anything the cooks needed peeled. My Chief warned me to make sure it was 100% ready for action at all times or else the ship's crew would have my a$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Jim,
Thanks for posting this photo.
It brings back a lot of memories of my time as a steam snipe standing watch down in main control. BTW your DFT level appears a little low. Better give it some make-up feed water.
Quote:
Taking my watch at the Starboard Throttles:

Jim
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #33
ZR1North

Thanks again for sharing this special trip with us, Jim and Lyndi. This one looks extra special. Great to see the young man appreciates what he has in the C4. Do you know if this event will be repeated in 2017?
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #34
G-Sting

Great pics of a great time for a great cause. The clouds are an amazing backdrop. Thanks for all.
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #35
diamond zr1

have a safe trip home Jim and Lyndi/really glad we got to spend some time together/enjoyed the company/joe and Gayle
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #36
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Due to the cost required to certify the safety of the aircraft elevator, this will be the last year that Corvettes will be parked on the Lexington's deck. This makes it very special to us to have been selected to participate this year.
Not according to Post #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1North View Post
Do you knows if this event will be repeated in 2017?
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016   #37
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
The USS Lexington Museum is world-class display of a proud fighting ship with a very long and successful career. The Lexington Museum is run by a non-profit organization and does not receive and government funding.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Lexington. All of the staff were pleasant, enthusiastic and helpful. There and many kiosk type displays and many of the ship's spaces are open to visitors. There is a fully stocked gift shop and a nice café.

All of the displays and exhibits pay tribute to the men and women who have served in our nation's military. The accomplishments and sacrifices made in the defense of our freedom are honored.

Some more pictures:

Looking up the access causeway:

Looking down from the Hanger Deck where the entry point is:

Another C4. This nice Corvette belong to an young man (19 years old) who inherited it from his Grandfather. His father's C6 is near by. They made the Vettes on Lex a family visit.

In the Galley. One of the informative and enjoyable displays that are through the ship:

Taking my watch at the Starboard Throttles:

Jim
Jim
I hope that's the ahead throttle?
Standby for a crash back...

Last edited by Mystic ZR-1; 09-12-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: .
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016   #38
QB93Z

Day 6 - On Sunday we spent more time touring the USS Lexington and talking to all the great Corvette owners we met. Lyndi took her turn at the Starboard AA Gun Mount:

During the ceremonies, the Tulsa Vette Set Corvette Club took the stage (all 65 of them) to to be acknowledged as the Host Club for the Vettes and Jets on Lex Event. Without all their hard work the event could not have happened:

At 5 PM, after all the many visitors to the Lexington had departed the unloading of the Corvettes started. Here is a shot of the Elevator lowering 12 cars to the causeway level:

Here is Joe in a Dark Red ZR-1 driving of the elevator:

After I came off the Lex, Lyndi got this nice picture of the PurpleZ with the stern of the Lexington in the background:

QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016   #39
QB93Z

On Sunday evening, after we were off-loaded, we left Corpus Christi and drove about 5 hours so we could get north of Houston and avoid the Monday morning rush hour traffic.

On Day 7, Monday, we drove east from Wilis, TX to Laurel, Mississippi.

Has anybody ever visited Cut and Shoot, Texas?

As we passed through northeast Texas, we encountered some Texas-sized bugs that swarmed us everytime we got out of the car and made a big mess on the front of the Z and on the windshield:

We chose a route to Mississippi the avoided the interstate highways. It was a nice drive with moderate traffic and nice scenery:

Lyndi named this area the Sunken Forest:

We found a nice sculpture in front of an auto repair shop. I think I see a B&B exhaust in there:

Welcome to Mississippi:

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016   #40
diamond zr1

BOY WHAT A GREAT SHOT OF MY ZR1 COMMING DOWN THE ELEVATOR/was great spending time with the two of you/need to plan more road trips/Being on the Lex with all the vettes and vets on Sept 11 was one of highlights of my life/over 20,000 dollars was raised for the wounded warriors program between raffles and donations//WOW
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote