ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2010   #1
XfireZ51

Default R.I.P. 1992 #474

All,

Some of you may already know that I had the unfortunate experience of crashing my car at the Corvette Challenge on Oct. 30. Why it happened we are not exactly sure. Luckily I was the only one on the track at the time so no other cars were involved. Car was running well and I had just dynotuned it to producing just under 400rwhp with ported top end. I hit second gear and it started drifting towards the left hand wall hitting with the driver's rear corner then went across 2 lanes bouncing into the guardrail on the right.
The timeslip had me moving at 89.99mph through the 1/8mile traps when this all started to happen. Indications seem to be that frame may not be bent but it would need a frame machine to verify. However, the fiberglass damage and paint makes it prohibitive to repairing for me. Someone else may think otherwise. If I was Jay Leno, no problem. In any case, car went out as a warrior and I got away without anything more than a sore back muscle for a month.
So the plan is to part #474 out. It had 51K on the odometer. Drivetrain will be swapped into a ZR I just bought 92 #458, Black Rose/Black. My FBI buddies are going to give me a hand doing this transition.
Rather than list parts for sale, just list me what you're looking for. I also have additional spare parts that I will be selling as well.
I can tell you hood is shot, but some driver's side panels are good, interior good (Gray), electronics good. I'll be assessing more as I get car here.
Drivetrain from #458 will be for sale and it is a very driveable car in good condition. I'll post pics as we go.

Last edited by XfireZ51; 12-02-2010 at 04:23 PM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, lt-5, paring, parts, zr-1