ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 12-06-2010   #51
gbmidyear66

Default Re: R.I.P. 1992 #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
If we knew you were here a bunch would have met up with you too

Let us know next you are here
Thanks Jeff, will do - CHI town sure has an awesome group ZR-1's and owners. Will be back next Dec, maybe sooner.
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #2824
4.10's, Custom PROM, Flowmaster, Top End Port
NCRS BC Chapter
gbmidyear66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #52
GOLDCYLON

Kentucky Jelly. Hmm the taste is somewhat netural

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=70d_1198694776
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 12-06-2010 at 11:06 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #53
rhipsher

Dom the same thing almost happened to me at the 1/8 mile mark at about 89mph also. My tires just lost traction and I started fish tailing left and right. But somehow by the grace of god it straightened out and I havent been to the drag strip since because I can't afford to just go buy another one. It would be over period.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #54
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Dom the same thing almost happened to me at the 1/8 mile mark at about 89mph also. My tires just lost traction and I started fish tailing left and right. But somehow by the grace of god it straightened out and I havent been to the drag strip since because I can't afford to just go buy another one. It would be over period.

Rick,

If you look at the pics posted by =Jeff=, you'll see the right rear tire is pretty well shredded. The tow truck driver said the Indiana State Police use his company to do accident analysis and he believes he saw signs of a blowout on that tire. Paul W. has some pics of my tire going over a pothole in the track right at about the point it started to get squirrely.
Usually my tires would lose grip in the 1-2 shift but I was always able to control it by coming off the gas until the tires bit again. However, the car would track straight. This time it didn't.
BTW, I just can't afford to go buy anther one either. But with the right deal I am hoping to come out at no worst than I was before the wreck.

Last edited by XfireZ51; 12-06-2010 at 02:59 PM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #55
JThomas

Glad to hear you're okay Dom. I know the "new" ride will be as nice or nicer than before.
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #56
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomas View Post
Glad to hear you're okay Dom. I know the "new" ride will be as nice or nicer than before.
Joe,

Thank you for your thoughts. In fact, the "new" one just got delivered.
All I can say is "Holy Smokes!!!".
Old 12-07-2010   #57
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Joe,

Thank you for your thoughts. In fact, the "new" one just got delivered.
All I can say is "Holy Smokes!!!".
PICs!!!!!!
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #58
XfireZ51

Pics of Aqua Top

Old 12-08-2010   #59
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Tom,

SHHHHHHHHHH!. Don't tell anybody that!!! What are you the WikiLeaks of the ZR-1 world? NOBODY outside of the Windy is supposed to know about the Athenian/Assyrian/Pizza Triangle near Des Plaines, IL.
Pete has camoflage netting over the area to make it look like an organic cucumber farm to spy satellites overhead. Other times it looks like a
KY Jelly factory.
awe chit! I'm sorry....I thought area 53 was common knowledge among the ZR-1 community. I'm also just a bit envious of the resources the FBI has access to, organic cucumber farms & all! See look ---> I'm green with envy
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #60
XfireZ51

Everyone,

Just giving you guys an update. Paul W. and I spent yesterday in freezing rain getting the car onto a UHaul trailer. Unfortunately the weather in Chicago and time kept us from getting it up to Pete's. And weather today sucks worse. We're shooting for tomorrow or latest by Tuesday. Then I can start to fill some parts requests. I'll do better once we get it to my garage also. I appreciate your patience.

Tags
chassis, lt-5, paring, parts, zr-1