ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-25-2016   #51
secondchance

Default Re: Rehab of the 1992 Blk on Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
If I ever get around to it, I have new red carpet & red interior pieces that will be installed but I am going to keep my black seats. I think it will look fine with black seats.
Best part of having black interior is being able to touch up with a Sharpie.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016   #52
oricale

Greetings from VA!,...Now that I have moved, built a shop and opened said shop, I have a moment to get this car back on line...

SOOOO...I have decided to take this car to the Tail of the Dragon this weekend with all of you fine folks,...

After an awesome trip to Mich(Nice job David!)I have the rear Shelby wheel and have ordered a full set of Nitto NT555 Drag Radials(335), and NT555 EXT(285)

Oh yeah, the car...

So The engine is sorted and running pretty good!, brakes have new pads, re-did all the vacuum lines. Classic B&M Ripper is installed and shifting good. The full RED interior came in and will be putting that in pretty quick.

Now, in preparation for future race-prep with this car we eliminated the spare tire and are running the straight-piped exhaust through the rear panels(modded with aluminum and riveting)(like a beast!)

After a hopefully successful run at the "Tail" we will be stepping this car from NA-to-NOS-to-TT.

So with ANY luck we'll have this car at the TOD.
[B][I][COLOR=red]1990 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00077 [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR] (10Y022 PEP CAR)
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1991 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00517 ("Irene")[COLOR=red]WHITE[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED-SOLD:cry:[/COLOR] [B][/B]
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1992 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00445("The Revenant")[COLOR=red][COLOR="Black"]BLACK [/COLOR][/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED(2016 T.O.D!) [/COLOR] [/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2009 [COLOR=red]Z06!![COLOR=black]BLK/BLK rare Linen interior[/COLOR] 707HP!![/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2006[/COLOR] BLK/BLK Z51 (Just SICK FAST!)SOLD)[/I][/B]
[B][I]1996 BLK/BLK LT4 Grnsprt(sold...Twice!)[/I][/B]
[B][I]1991 RED/REDL98(Fell off the shipping truck:([/I][/B]
[B][I]1980 BLK/RED L82(Sold)[/I][/B]
[B][I][B][I]1990[/I][/B] RED/BLK(sold.....In Japan)[/I][/B]
[I][COLOR=black][B][I]2006[/I][/B][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=red]Mustang GT[/COLOR] ([B][I]mach 1[/I][/B])[B](sold)[/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1(sold in Japan)[/I][/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1#2(sold)[/I][/B]

[B][I]WAZOO Member...[/I][/B]

[url]www.evolution-motorsport.com[/url]

facebook/evolutionmotorsportengineering

Your Local [url]www.Amsoil.com[/url] dealer/user..

*Victory Loves Preparation*
oricale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016   #53
oricale

Hello all,!

Last time I left this thread, I was taking the car to the tail of the dragon!...

The tail was awesome!...ran it really well, all had a great time!.

However in NC I pulled into a gas station and got gas, upon finishing my fill up we tried to start the car, car started up Perfect!...except for NO oil pressure to the tensioners. Upon troubleshooting we eliminated many of the common issues that would cause this. Meanwhile in the hotel room I went ahead and studied the FSM and found the likely culprit.

Within the oil pressure system, there is an oil pressure regulation valve,..unfortunately to get it out of the of the engine and inspected, the engine MUST come out.

As you can see, the regulator on the left is the failed one and a smooth bored NOS is on the right.

Diagnosis!: When I built the engine I had the top end powder coated chrome. Upon media blasting of the parts, the company failed to remove all of the silica from the top end, when installed, Upon tear down I found approx 1 OZ of silica in the filter and oil pan. The damage to the regulator valve kept the plunger from collapsing. (The regulator spring as well as the friction caused by the many grooves on the bore)The initial oil pressure from the pump could not overcome the friction and bypassed directly back into the pan.

During this initial failure I ran the car approx 12 seconds over about 5 starts.

Upon removal and rebuild of the engine we found NO other issues affecting the engine and it sub-parts. However we decided to replace ALL bearings, seals and gaskets.

During the process, we deleted the secondary system, as well as timed the cams to the 93-95 specs.

[B][I][COLOR=red]1990 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00077 [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR] (10Y022 PEP CAR)
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1991 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00517 ("Irene")[COLOR=red]WHITE[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED-SOLD:cry:[/COLOR] [B][/B]
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1992 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00445("The Revenant")[COLOR=red][COLOR="Black"]BLACK [/COLOR][/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED(2016 T.O.D!) [/COLOR] [/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2009 [COLOR=red]Z06!![COLOR=black]BLK/BLK rare Linen interior[/COLOR] 707HP!![/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[I][COLOR=black][B][I]2006[/I][/B][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=red]Mustang GT[/COLOR] ([B][I]mach 1[/I][/B])[B](sold)[/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1(sold in Japan)[/I][/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1#2(sold)[/I][/B]

Last edited by oricale; 01-14-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-05-2016   #54
oricale

Once the engine was rebuilt, we installed it with a set of OBX headers and NEW 02 sensors.

I recorded videos for the first and second start ups!....

Engine runs very well, however still need to burn the chip for the modifications. and will need new injectors.

We are also building a custom exhaust will exit behind the rear wheels, delete the spare tire, and fabricate a rear diffuser. .....Just starting....

Last edited by oricale; 07-05-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2017   #55
oricale

Just a quick update. I have been planning a change to the exhaust from mufflers and resonators to just a resonator and straight pipes to tips out behind the tires(thereby deleting the spare tire and holder removing about 40 lbs and installing an aluminum diffuser that integrates a brace....here's the finished product!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Old 01-13-2017   #56
JimZRyd

Now that's pretty HOTT

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017   #57
HAWAIIZR-1

Sweeeet!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017   #58
2ljd

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
2ljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017   #59
Vette73

Dude that came out nice...See if you can post some photos showing the whole car from the side......Nice contrast with the shelbys....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017   #60
A26B

That's really cool Demps!!
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote