ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-12-2015   #41
Vette Guy

Default Re: 2015 Membership Packet

All,

The remainder of membership packages were delivered to the post office today...

For all members in the United States, the USPS system automatically sent a tracking number to the email address we have on file for you, and cc'd me. Please let me know if you have not received your tracking number - I'll be happy to send my copy.

As for the method of sending out ~500 packages.... I went with the easy ones first - straight membership packages w/o additional items. By doing this, I shipped by size in batches with packages of similar weight, and have been getting out ~125 per day. The "custom" and international orders shipped last, as weighing each package to determine weight (even required for flat rate packages) takes a bit more time.... customs forms speak for themselves - actually not, which is why these take so much time.

As for the design, your Board of Directors didn't just accept what was presented to them, rather they put a lot of thought into it, and provided our artist with the vision to create a sensational graphic worthy of our 10th (Silver) Anniversary, hence the color of the shirt. A special thanks to Rich Muhr and Joe Cagianut for providing the high-resolution photos needed to produce such a fantastic graphic.

I will now be working on transferring Membership over to Dominic Sorresso, who has been anxiously awaiting to get started!

Best Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385

Last edited by Vette Guy; 03-12-2015 at 03:40 AM.
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #42
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Guy View Post
... For all members in the United States, the USPS system automatically sent a tracking number to the email address we have on file for you, ...
Thanks, Mark, for providing the tracking numbers and getting all the membership kits in the mail. It's an incredibly difficult/demanding task to perform in a short span of time that I remember all too well.

Update on my membership kit from the provided tracking number:
March 6, 2015 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
March 10, 2015 , 5:28 am Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility SCHERTZ, TX 78154
March 10, 2015 , 6:43 am Arrived at USPS Origin Facility SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
March 10, 2015 , 10:56 am Departed USPS Facility SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
March 12, 2015 , 1:02 am Arrived at USPS Origin Facility DALLAS, TX 75398

hmmm .... package took 2 days to travel from San Antonio to Dallas, normally a 4 hour drive. Hopefully, it will leave Dallas for Atlanta before the day is out. Don't know how long it will take for the kit to travel from Dallas to Atlanta but USPS packages usually take 2 days to make the 160 miles from Atlanta to where I live, so I'm hoping to see my membership kit sometime next week. Gotta love the efficiency of the USPS.

Mark, you've done a great job getting all the kits out to the membership and I'm not complaining ... just observing what I've always suspected about our USPS "service".
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #43
Roadster

Received mine yesterday, the shirt is great!!!! but didn't know what I was thinking as I ordered an X lg and it is big..... if anyone would like to trade a Large for an Xtra large, let me know.....thanks......

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #44
JFFerner

Got mine today...everything's great! Thanks.

And so it goes...Jim
JFFerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #45
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
March 6, 2015 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
March 10, 2015 , 5:28 am Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility SCHERTZ, TX 78154
March 10, 2015 , 6:43 am Arrived at USPS Origin Facility SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
March 10, 2015 , 10:56 am Departed USPS Facility SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
March 12, 2015 , 1:02 am Arrived at USPS Origin Facility DALLAS, TX 75398
3/12/15 update
March 12, 2015 , 5:45 pm Arrived at USPS Facility COPPELL, TX 75099

Well, it only took 16+ hours to make it from Dallas to Coppell (28 miles according to Google). I can hardly wait to see the next USPS update (i.e. how far the package got and how long it took). This is sorta amusing, in a warped sense ... at least it's providing my daily humor.
Old 03-12-2015   #46
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
3/12/15 update
March 12, 2015 , 5:45 pm Arrived at USPS Facility COPPELL, TX 75099

Well, it only took 16+ hours to make it from Dallas to Coppell (28 miles according to Google). I can hardly wait to see the next USPS update (i.e. how far the package got and how long it took). This is sorta amusing, in a warped sense ... at least it's providing my daily humor.
George, This is terrible. It reminds me of a joke. Do you know how to keep someone is suspense? (Big Pause) I'll tell you tomorrow.

I am sure it is because we are away from major metropolitan areas. My shirt will go San Antionio, Dallas, Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Frankenmuth then be delivered to my house. I garanttee you it will show up Monday when I am in Atlanta.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #47
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
... My shirt will go San Antionio, Dallas, Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Frankenmuth then be delivered to my house ...
It reminds me of an incident many years ago when I was in the Dallas area playing a gig and was literally minutes away from missing my flight back to the Tri-Cities (TN) airport. I was traveling fairly light EXCEPT for my tuba (which was in a large, damage-proof trunk on wheels). When I arrived curbside at DFW I explained to the sky cap my need to catch my flight that was already boarding and could he manage to get my tuba on the plane, too? No problem, he says. In my rush to get through security & board the plane I totally didn't think about putting a $20 in his hand (sky caps at that time were not officially supposed to be tipped). Anyway, I had an uneventful flight home but no tuba when I arrived. Piedmont Airlines (remember them?) had no idea where my tuba was but started searching. Approx. a week later it arrived after traveling to Chicago, St. Louis, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, LAX and finally back home (gee, thanks Mr. SkyCap). The tuba was OK, I was ticked (but got over it), and, most importantly, I learned a valuable lesson.
Old 03-12-2015   #48
philco

Received mine today in Kansas very impressed shirt is cool.
philco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #49
Agpilot1

My packet showed up today and I just want to say OUTSTANDING work to all involved!

The design/graphics on the shirts really show off what the ZR1 is built around, the heart of the Beast--the great LT-5, and I will proudly wear it.

Thanks for all the items in the packet.

On a side note... REALLY wish I could make it to Bowling Green in May for the Gathering, but unfortunately it is my busiest time of year spraying crops in the MS delta. That Mountain Run sounds like a blast also... Maybe one year..would like to see some of you guys/gals in person...

'90 #2815----SOLD
Agpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #50
edram454

got mine yesterday. shirt design is great. It looks like it took a lot of thought and a good artist to make such an impressive design. Love it.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote