ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-08-2009   #31
MB ZR1

Default Re: Why a ZR-1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
This is turning out to be pretty good thread...
It sure has been intresting so far. Keep them coming.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009   #32
rhipsher

Speaking of the great Dr. Sanjay. Me and my 19 year old nephew were driving the beast to the niffty fiftees car show that happens every saturday night here in Houston and low and behold I look in my rear view mirror and saw this bad to the bone Ford GT. It pulls up beside me and guess who? It was Sanjay and his brother Sajeev giving me a thumbs up. They happened to be heading to the same place. We must of B.S'd for at least 3 hours. Sanjay offered to give my nephew a ride in his Ford GT. The look on my nephews face was priceless.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #33
Z51JEFF

[IMG][/IMG]To me the motor is only half of the car,the body completes the package.I think if the car didnt have the ZR-1 body work the appeal wouldnt have been the same.I cant help but think how close the 96 GS came to getting the Z body panels.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #34
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
[IMG]I cant help but think how close the 96 GS came to getting the Z body panels.
I don't mean to go off topic myself, but since you mentioned it, how close did the Grand Sports come to getting our body panel's...do tell
Old 04-09-2009   #35
threestar40

Quote:
How could you want anything else?[IMG][/IMG]
Man, I read all these posts and this is the most Bad A$$,

Rick
threestar40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #36
rhipsher

I had a feeling this was going to be a good thread when I started it. I've very much enjoyed reading the replies. The LT5 engine reminds me of a pit bull flexing its chest muscles just looking to give somebody a black eye. Not even the new ZR1's engine looks that intimidating. Saw the new and the old parked right next to each other at the dealer ship with both hoods open. The new one's motor is covered in plastic. The 90 Z has nothing concieling the engine. Engine bay eye candy all the way. And even though I've seen my LT5 a million times "(Once you've seen one LT5 you've pretty much seen them all)" If I know there's one for sale at a dealership I'll always stop and take a look at it. I guess it's my way of paying my respects to a rare breed also knowing I have one in my garage puts a smile on my face.

Last edited by rhipsher; 04-10-2009 at 12:32 AM.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #37
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
I don't mean to go off topic myself, but since you mentioned it, how close did the Grand Sports come to getting our body panel's...do tell
Think about it,GS was a limited edition option,C4 was in its last year and the body panels were already there.It had to be thrown around within G.M. at some point.Now,back on topic please.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #38
flyin ryan

Quote:
Think about it,GS was a limited edition option,C4 was in its last year and the body panels were already there.It had to be thrown around within G.M. at some point.Now,back on topic please.
Sorry...i thought you had some 'Inside' information. If i had known you were only 'Speculating' i wouldn't have brought it up in this great thread started by rhipsher
Old 04-11-2009   #39
key_on

Like most who have posted to this thread, I can clearly remember my first encounter with the ZR-1. It was at a new car show in Kansas City, and the highlight of the show was a 1991 ZR-1 ... red with black interior. It was roped off, so no one could get too close. But I could get close enought to see the window sticker, and I remember thinking that there was no way on God's green earth I would ever be able to own one of those. A dozen years later, the declining value of ZR-1's and the increase in my income had somehow met in the middle, and I was able to buy an almost new ZR-1. I have come to realize that I'm not so much the owner, as I am the custodian of the car. At some point in the future (hopefully many years down the road), it will be time to pass it on to my son's. Like me, they understand that it is more than just a Corvette.
key_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #40
Toyvet1

The Z is a second Vette for me. Ive owned a 1979 since new, over the years it has had three personalities . I have always thought the Vette was the ideal sports / muscle car.

When i decided to sell my Harley FLHTCUI I asked my what what she thought about replacing the bike with a second Corvette. I was suprised when she liked the idea. She had two conditions, it had to be a car she could drive and it had to be stock and stay stock. Since my 79 is a 383 custom bodied car she has no interested in driving it. She also knows its a never ending money pit.

That lead me to find a nice 1990 Polo Green and Bisquet Z. I found the car that only had 15,500 miles when I found it. It had the normal problems to be repaired but is a great car to drive. Only problem is deciding what car to drive when I head out...

Toyvet1 is offline   Reply With Quote