ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-01-2013   #321
XfireZ51

Default Re: TOP END REFINISHING

Split BLMs are nothing new for the LT-5 especially at idle. Not a reason to buy new injectors. Were these the originals or replacements? One of the issues I discussed regarding the proper injector offset. As it is, these aren't bad. Can u tell if LEARN is ON?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #322
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Split BLMs are nothing new for the LT-5 especially at idle. Not a reason to buy new injectors. Were these the originals or replacements? One of the issues I discussed regarding the proper injector offset. As it is, these aren't bad. Can u tell if LEARN is ON?
Don't know if this version of DM tells if learn is on or not Anyone?

Can't I assume that it IS on? Since the Short Term is closer to 128, than Long Term?

Doesn't 'Learn' begin a few minutes after CL starts?

No one chimed in to ID the injectors by the snappics, and I SURE don't know.

Anyway here, why did the thing turn @ 3k when I ran it with IAC dis-connected earlier? Could it have been because of the vac leak @ the plenum-PCV connector?

Re-try IAC dis-connect first thing AM...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #323
Franke

FWIW...after I replaced my injectors and O2's my Datamaster file CL showed both banks long term trims to be pretty steady at 128/129 L-R. Short term varied slightly about 127-130 for a 15min idle run.
I can tell you that originally I had a bad primary fuel injector (6 ohms hot) (12 ohms cold) on the left bank that gave the same rich indication that you have on your right bank Lterm. I don't know if that helps or muddies the water more.

Without knowing the part number of your injectors its a hard guess if they are original or not but I will tell you my original injectors looked pretty much the same as yours in the pics. I think I mentioned this wayyyyy back in this thread. I would ohm the primaries out cold and hot and write them down.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #324
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Don't know if this version of DM tells if learn is on or not Anyone?
Any datalogger should indicate whether LEARN is ON or not

Quote:
Can't I assume that it IS on? Since the Short Term is closer to 128, than Long Term?

Doesn't 'Learn' begin a few minutes after CL starts?
No. You must be in C/L in order for LEARN to be on, but u can be in C/L and have LEARN OFF.

Quote:
No one chimed in to ID the injectors by the snappics, and I SURE don't know.

Anyway here, why did the thing turn @ 3k when I ran it with IAC dis-connected earlier? Could it have been because of the vac leak @ the plenum-PCV connector?

Re-try IAC dis-connect first thing AM...
Did u disconnect the IAC OR remove it? If you disconnected it w key ON, then that will block the IAC port. Now if you have remedied the PCV leak, then only one place the air is coming from and that's the throttle blades being too far open. Let's see if it idles and at what rpm?

Last edited by XfireZ51; 12-01-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2013   #325
Schrade

Quote:
Any datalogger should indicate whether LEARN is ON or not

No. You must be in C/L in order for LEARN to be on, but u can be in C/L and have LEARN OFF.

Did u disconnect the IAC OR remove it? If you disconnected it w key ON, then that will block the IAC port. Now if you have remedied the PCV leak, then only one place the air is coming from and that's the throttle blades being too far open. Let's see if it idles and at what rpm?
I had it electrically dis-connected, AFTER key ON - not removed. And I haven't seen a readout, besides '0', in DM, for IAC yet. ??? No SES lights, including for dis-connected IAC.......................................

Will re-try IAC dis-connect again shortly here. This should be done Closed Loop? Or Open?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 12-02-2013   #326
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I had it electrically dis-connected, AFTER key ON - not removed. And I haven't seen a readout, besides '0', in DM, for IAC yet. ??? No SES lights, including for dis-connected IAC.......................................

Will re-try IAC dis-connect again shortly here. This should be done Closed Loop? Or Open?
There is no MALF code for IAC. I would run the motor till it is warm and indicated C/L. Then shut down. Ignition ON, disconnect IAC. Ignition OFF, then Engine Start. Allow the start-up routine to stabilize timing, then check idle RPM.
Old 12-02-2013   #327
Schrade

Quote:
There is no MALF code for IAC. I would run the motor till it is warm and indicated C/L. Then shut down. Ignition ON, disconnect IAC. Ignition OFF, then Engine Start. Allow the start-up routine to stabilize timing, then check idle RPM.
Alright - went this way perfectly; idle stayed 2275 - 3k for 2 minutes.

Next?

ed.:
Quote:
Ok. Is IAC disconnected? If not, what does DM tell you for IAC counts and what is TPS V at idle? If it's not .57v > TPS > .53v, then adjust TPS with motor OFF.
START motor, then let it idle down. What happens? Still surging? Also, if you unplugged IAC, you should have done an IAC reset after plugging it back in.
TPS voltage .55; IAC 0

Last edited by Schrade; 12-02-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2013   #328
XfireZ51

Just trying to clarify, with IAC disconnected, warm idle was at 2200rpm? I am looking at 2 different scenarios you just posted. If O/L went smoothly, I would discount an issue w the injectors.
Remove the IAC completely and plug up that port physically making certain that no bypass air is entering. What's your idle at coolant operating temps and C/L?
Is your motor completely stock or what mods have been done
Old 12-02-2013   #329
Schrade

OK - I think I understand - 'block the port' for by-pass air.

Which of the 2 internal ports is this? The port in the SIDE of the IAC bore? Or in the END of the IAC bore

Old 12-02-2013   #330
Schrade

The IAC pintle has HEAVY corrosion on it. I know this did not seal.

I hit it only with solvent, and THAT wouldn't touch what I have here...