ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-12-2009   #21
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: *** PLEASE HELP ***

Hey Members,

I just asked Michael if I could post his info for "donations". He hasn't asked for anything except some "manual" labor, but if anyone can spare some help..... Please do. I know the NE region will be happy to help!

Please send any donations directly to Michael @ (Michael is WELL known in the Chicago area and anyone from the area can vouch for him)

Michael Kaferly *
1736 S. Meacham
Palatine, IL 60067

Glad you decided to post up and ask for help my friend... Look forward to that book you are making.

Cheers

David

*this is his Chicago address and I'm guessing it forwards to his Cali address
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #22
Zethco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX S50 View Post
Oh and one more thing, I bought a set of jerry's gaskets about a month ago and if for some reason his dont show up tomorrow you guys are welcome to my set
JAX,

I just might need to take you up on your offer. They haven't been delivered yet to the Hotel, and I believe Saturday Delivery is by 1:30?

I've sent word to Jerry about this just now asking for tracking info so I can find them. Once I get the tracking info, I'll post back.

I'll also email this to the address you provided. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for your help. If I do end up needed to borrow yours, I'll make sure the set Jerry sent ends up in your spare bin!

Michael
Old 09-12-2009   #23
jonszr1

i have a set also you can use if you need them planing on comming down tomarrow but so far no directions .if you guys have a full house no bigge.just need directions from the 91 if youd still like help .
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #24
Zethco

Thumbs up I made it home!

I was well enough to leave SoCal on Friday morning. Made it home around Midnight on Saturday. For those keeping score, yep. I drove straight thru. Since my illness also causes insomnia, I figured I should take advantage of it eh?

First, let me again thank all those who helped me get home.

1. Jerry - Thank you kind Sir for your generous help on the best gaskets a Blue monster could ever ask for. When he learned I had to borrow Ted's set, Jerry actually sent Ted replacements. Even though my original set would be delivered soon. Wow.

2. Ted (Jax S50) - Thank you for lending me your gaskets. ** Ted drove an HOUR, ONE WAY after working the graveyard shift to get his set of gaskets to me in time for Sundays Plenum Pull. Seriously, you're insane - but an amazing act of Brotherhood.

3. Brent - Thank you for your willingness to open your home to two strangers and lend a hand. Your work was methodical and your love for the car was/is apparent. Please also thank your wonderful and kind wife for the coffee (rocket fuel) and snacks. She's clearly amazing and tolerant

4. Dr. Ted - Thank you as well for having driven down to help a stranger in need. You are a compassionate and caring man who made the time fly with humor. You Sir, ROCK. ** If anyone gets the chance, check out his Red PC'd motor. Looks great against the Black exterior. Well done

5. David - My AB Brother, thank you three times. Without your having taken it upon yourself to find and coordinate the help of the two awesome guys with tools, I'm not sure this would have been possible.

I cannot thank all those involved enough. I was better enough to walk a bit, but not enough to be of much help. You guys really helped a Brother out when he needed it the most. And I will never forget your kindness

I will see you all soon and, if well enough, I will be grilling up my famous ribs for y'all.

Michael
Old 09-21-2009   #25
Zethco

Default Quick report on Injectors

Wow. I was completely surprised by the massive difference in drivability. The improvement was almost beyond belief. It immediately ran substantially smoother and pulled like a beast. I had NO idea how bad the car was running until the swap. Great engineering to compensate for bum injectors - true. But WOW.

I did start to get code 55 also though on the way back that day. But a quick Fuel Filter change took care of that. My filter was a bit clogged. Not terrible, but enough to make a difference.

The Injectors & FF were a MAJOR part of my initial problem. But not all of it. The car threw 64's again about 100 miles into my trip home to Chicago, but was able to limp home. I'm certain it's something easy and simple at this point. So I'm not worried as I'm confident that between the Chicago crew and I, we'll get'r done.

I saved the original injectors and I hope to send them off soon to John for testing. This will show us all for sure if the '94-'95 Z's faired any better from the factory in terms of Injectors. I am not sure, as my car had only a few thousand miles when the symptoms first started. If nothing else, it's a good chance to learn something about our later model Z's I think

Thank you all once again. The improvement in drivability alone made me fall in love with the car all over again (insert sappy love song here...)

Your friend and Brother,

Michael

Last edited by Zethco; 09-21-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Zethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #26
LT-5 Music

Great update.

Congratulations Michael on a successful trip home.

Faith moves mountains!
Old 09-21-2009   #27
secondchance

Default Re: Quick report on Injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethco View Post

The Injectors & FF were a MAJOR part of my initial problem. But not all of it. The car threw 64's again about 100 miles into my trip home to Chicago, but was able to limp home. I'm certain it's something easy and simple at this point. So I'm not worried as I'm confident that between the Chicago crew and I, we'll get'r done.
Code 64 indicates your right bank O2 sensor reading lean condition.
Per FSM possibilities are;
1. Check O2 sensor wires.
2. Check for intermittent grounding in wire between sensor and connector.
3. Poor grounding of O2 sensor.
4. Lean injector (hope not...).
5. Fuel contamination.
6. Fuel pressure.
7. Exhaust leak before O2 sensor.
8. AIR system.
9. If all checks out O2 sensor failure.

Good luck!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #28
Pete

Micheal glad to hear you made it back safe.

On your code
You had mentioned you bought injectors from FIC.
If so there was issues with those injectors -=Jeff=- had to replace them like 4 or 5 times .

I would've suggested Accels.

You save on price of injectors but will spend more in labor and gaskets ask Jeff.

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #29
VetteMed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Micheal glad to hear you made it back safe.

On your code
You had mentioned you bought injectors from FIC.
If so there was issues with those injectors -=Jeff=- had to replace them like 4 or 5 times .

I would've suggested Accels.

You save on price of injectors but will spend more in labor and gaskets ask Jeff.

Pete
Some of us have had very good results from the FIC injectors, FWIW..
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #30
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
Some of us have had very good results from the FIC injectors, FWIW..
Yes, I have had my set from FIC for a summer with no issues..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote