ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-26-2017   #21
Roadster

Default Re: PCV valve research...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
But is the function of each game Benin the correct size the same? I have a feeling they are different despite the size

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I can't give you an answer on your thought, but if you read below part of what Jerry stated in post #15, your thought may be correct.

"Crack pressure is a terminology used in industrial safety valve testing specs, simply meaning when the valve comes off seat or begins to leak past the valve seal.

Imagine a check valve, which is the type of valve the subject PCV valve is. The PCV valve has a moveable valve that is weighted for specific conditions such as the LH LT5 valve (tall one), being one of 2 valves in the system and staged for opening under slightly different conditions from the RH valve."

Below is a pic of 3 "double hump" valves, the 1st is a NOS 913, the 2nd is the 913 from my 94 and the 3rd is an NOS 895. You will notice that the "valves" in #1 & #2 (913's) are lower than the #3 valve (895). So is there a difference in the operation of these valves as in the "crack pressure" that is mentioned? Not being an engineer, I would say, yes!!! Now is there a huge difference in the operation between the two? Again, not being an engineer, I would say that it would be so minimal that you or I wouldn't notice the difference with the exception of more oil being consumed as Jerry has also mentioned.
My main concern is that the correct size and configuration are more important, (at least to me,) than the overall operation. And as stated above, according to CC, the 895 valve is listed for the 92-96 LT1. JMO...

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 04-26-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote