ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1/ZR1 Corvette Shows & Events

Old 07-09-2008   #21
jrd1990zr1

Default Re: Corvettes at Carlisle - August 22-24, 2008 - Questions?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance
A map will be placed on our website an event map will be located on our website in the very near future. However, the main entrance is located at Gate 3 and the ZR-1 group will be located directly to the right upon your arrival - it's a change from last year.

I look forward to seeing a bundle of ZR-1's (KING OF THE HILL!).

Cheers,

Lance
Do you have to pre-register and pay a fee to enter?
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #22
racelance

2008 Corvettes at Carlisle Event map - notice the new location for the ZR-1 crew.

I'm eager to see everyone!

Cheers,

Lance
[B][COLOR=red]Sign up to find out the latest that Carlisle Events has to offer: [/COLOR][/B][URL="http://newsletters.carlisleevents.com/"][B][COLOR=red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][B][COLOR=red]![/COLOR][/B]
racelance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #23
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1990zr1
Do you have to pre-register and pay a fee to enter?
As a one-year veteran of Corvettes at Carlisle I know how confusing it is. I will try to explain.

C@C is a massive gathering of Corvettes. Most attendees will drive to the show grounds and park their Corvette in the Fun Field (the grounds). In order to park "in the show" (the Fun Field), you have to pay. The best way to do this is to pre-register on the Carlisle website. The basic deal is $55.00 for a three-day Fun Field pass that is mailed to you and you stick on your windshield.

There may be one-day passes available at the show but I am not sure about that. Because of the crowds, it is easiest to pre-register and then you are set for the whole show. You can drive in and out as often as you like.

"In the show" there are thousands (literally) of parking spaces (on grass). There are some special areas reserved for groups such as the anniversary cars and there is the ZR-1 NetRegistry area that we will set up near Gate Three. Just drive around and look for our tent, or ask for the ZR-1 NetRegistry Area. Here is a pic from last year: (easy to find, right?)

No additional registration or payment is necessary for the ZR-1 area of the Fun Field. Most ZR-1 guys park in the ZR-1 NetRegistry Area, although some park in with their club or friends. Either way be sure to stop by the ZR-1 NetRegistry Tent and say hello, we would like to meet you.

If you want to enter your car in the judged show, you have to make that selection on the Carlisle Website. I think that they have a special area for parking on the day of judging. There are also some other options on the Website such as AutoX.

If you plan to stay in the Carlisle area overnight, contact ZZZZZR1 about reserving at the hotel where some of us will be staying. A lot the the great times are after the show when we get together. So even if you stay in another hotel, check in at the ZR-1 NetRegistry tent to find out what is going on each evening.

If you don't bring a Corvette to Carlisle or you don't want to pay admission to the Fun Field, you have to park your car outside the Show and walk in. There is a walk-in admission charge, I think. Parking outside the Show is where you can find it. Many local businesses and homes offer off-street parking for a fee, just look around for a spot. There is NO show parking outside the grounds.

I hope this helps.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #24
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance
2008 Corvettes at Carlisle Event map - notice the new location for the ZR-1 crew.

I'm eager to see everyone!

Cheers,

Lance
Everyone take note of the change in our location @ Corvettes of Carlisle....

ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #25
racelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z

I hope this helps.

Jim
Jim-

Thanks for taking the time to help out! Well stated...

Lance
[B][COLOR=red]Sign up to find out the latest that Carlisle Events has to offer: [/COLOR][/B][URL="http://newsletters.carlisleevents.com/"][B][COLOR=red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][B][COLOR=red]![/COLOR][/B]
racelance is offline   Reply With Quote