ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1/ZR1 Corvette Shows & Events

Old 03-03-2011   #21
ZR1@gmx.com

Default Re: First Corvette show..................and last

I went to my first show last fall at the Lake of the Ozarks. The people were interesting, from the super snobby to the down to earth fun crowd. I ended up runner up in C4, Lost to a great looking Grand Sport. There was a ton of interest in the ZR-1 as it was the only one there... Hoping to go to a few more shows unless they get too snobby!
Fun 91 #303
ZR1@gmx.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #22
Z FOR 2

I enjoy taking the ZR-1 to car shows. Usually, I am the only ZR-1 there. I don't get much time to sit in a lawn chair. By the end of the show, I am exhausted and close to losing my voice from all the talking (bragging?) Seems that not many people know the history of the car. I like to tell them about the car and the LT5. Interestingly, it seems that the C5 and C6 owners seem to know the least about the car and don't know what they are looking at until I explain it to them.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]'93 40th Anniversary ZR-1 #0246 "Z FOR 2"
'03 50th Anniversary # 9590 "LETERGO"
'13 60th Anniversary 427 # 0198 "FSTFWRD"

[COLOR=Navy]Love the "Power of 3"

:usa:

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Z FOR 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #23
Z51JEFF

[QUOTE=Z FOR 2;109678 Interestingly, it seems that the C5 and C6 owners seem to know the least about the car and don't know what they are looking at until I explain it to them. [/QUOTE] Im not surprised by this.Dont know if its ignorance or arrogance.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #24
MikeGolf

I'm going to put my car in a show this weekend and they allow you to join multipule classes. I was wondering if it woud cause trouble with the judges if I entered in the Import class as well as the C4 Corvette class. Not that I would want to start to start any trouble. Nor do I expect to win.
'93 #166 Black Rose
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #25
GrayZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
I'm going to put my car in a show this weekend and they allow you to join multipule classes. I was wondering if it woud cause trouble with the judges if I entered in the Import class as well as the C4 Corvette class. Not that I would want to start to start any trouble. Nor do I expect to win.

Import ?? Surely you jest, albeit the engine was of a LOTUS / GM
design, the ZR-1 is all American.
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote