ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-13-2020   #11
Meanmyz

Default Re: Long Island ZR-1 owner from 1994-1995

Chris,

I have owned a ZR-1 since 2001 and been a fan since they came out, when I was 15-16 years old.

In seeing that you mentioned Darin Divinia, my OCD mind locked onto that name and that I have heard that name as a ZR-1 owner in the past. That got me thinking to where I last saw it...

It was on another Corvette enthusiasts web page that is still active. Brandt Kessler. He has an old website...www.96lt4.com. If you go to the site and click on Heart of the Beast, you will find ZR-1 owners and their cars.

Or, just copy and paste: http://www.96lt4.com/ZR1/divi94.html . Did you have this information? I would try to get a hold of Darin and see who he bought the car from.

I answered your PM on Corvette Forum, but have just been so busy to give it alot of time. As a fellow ZR-1 and Corvette enthusiast, even your same age, yes, we will have to get together (along with some other ZR-1 owners in MN that I also need to reach out to), this summer. Good luck on your search! Write anytime.

I think old Darin Divinia's name has come up a few times in my old copies of The Legend, which was a ZR-1 enthusiast newsletter in the day. As a matter of fact, they can be found on this site in our newsletter section.

Again good luck!
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020   #12
Stingray1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
Chris,

I have owned a ZR-1 since 2001 and been a fan since they came out, when I was 15-16 years old.

In seeing that you mentioned Darin Divinia, my OCD mind locked onto that name and that I have heard that name as a ZR-1 owner in the past. That got me thinking to where I last saw it...

It was on another Corvette enthusiasts web page that is still active. Brandt Kessler. He has an old website...www.96lt4.com. If you go to the site and click on Heart of the Beast, you will find ZR-1 owners and their cars.

Or, just copy and paste: http://www.96lt4.com/ZR1/divi94.html . Did you have this information? I would try to get a hold of Darin and see who he bought the car from.

I answered your PM on Corvette Forum, but have just been so busy to give it alot of time. As a fellow ZR-1 and Corvette enthusiast, even your same age, yes, we will have to get together (along with some other ZR-1 owners in MN that I also need to reach out to), this summer. Good luck on your search! Write anytime.

I think old Darin Divinia's name has come up a few times in my old copies of The Legend, which was a ZR-1 enthusiast newsletter in the day. As a matter of fact, they can be found on this site in our newsletter section.

Again good luck!
Thanks, I have emailed a bunch with Darin already. I'm looking for the history prior to when he had it. I need to carve out some time to call VetteDoctors and see if they remember the car.

I didn't see your reply on Corvetteforum. Send me an email will you? I'd love to connect.
Stingray1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021   #13
Divinia

What did you find?

Darin
2019 ZR1
Divinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021   #14
Stingray1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinia View Post
What did you find?

Darin
2019 ZR1
Not much. I spoke with David Johnson a bit about the car, but no real leads.
Old 05-20-2022   #15
hardhattg

Default Re: Looking for Long Island ZR-1 owner from 1994-1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1967 View Post
Hi gang. I just recently bought a '94 white/black ZR-1 that shows the original dealer was Ramp Chevrolet in Port Jefferson Station, NY. (Long Island area)

I'm curious if anyone remembers who might have had the car back then. It looks like it was only in New York for the first year of its life and then it went to PA.

It was originally a 2 top car with the blue tinted roof. Car was born December 7th, 1993. Car # 103.

Any leads appreciated.

For those of you that have old ZR-1 Registry magazines, can someone look in a few copies of that for me and see who might have had the car registered somewhere between 1994 and 1999? I know the history starting in 2000.

I know a lot about this car. I raced it at westhampton speedway when it was just two weeks old . Feel free to contact me for more info.
hardhattg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022   #16
CamP

I seem to recall Darin running a 12 flat 1/4 mile with that car. Was supposed to be stock at the time.
CamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022   #17
Stingray1967

Default Re: Looking for Long Island ZR-1 owner from 1994-1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhattg View Post
I know a lot about this car. I raced it at westhampton speedway when it was just two weeks old . Feel free to contact me for more info.
Thanks! PM sent!