Old 01-14-2022   #11
NVRL8TE

Default Re: Hi, I am new to this page.

Awesome dude. Welcome!!!
NVRL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022   #12
Corvette95

So having recently complete a complete low mileage rescue 90 to my idea of the almost prefect ZR-1 (stock with the usual hidden goodies and mods not only for upgrade but functionality) . #1 Read EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON ABOUT THE ZR-1/LT-5. You will need a Vetronix Tech1 or Tech1a with Mass Storage cartrige and correct adapters. Tuner Cat is also my loaded on my laptop. Now make a list of everything that you want to correct. Correct I am make is driveable or make it to it's full potential. Get a C4 PDF parts catalog. Find what you can NOS or similar - Ebay is not always your friend. Make a list of priorities , decide what order they work makes sense. Write down a REALISTIC BUDGET ONLY AFTER YOU TECHNICAL READINGS AND BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE USUAL LT-5 ISSUES. Also nice to see a new member try to help themselves before the forum post question about oil filters, oil leaks, a/c programmer Bose Amps, weatherstrip etc. It is ALL on the forum but we are glad to help but it is appreciated and necessary that you become proficient in LT5 repair and operation. Buy the FSM WITH and it is a MUST LT5 supplement (covers 2 and 4 bolt main). Put it all together nice and neat and sorted with a good plan. Go over it with your significant partner if applicable. Now the MOST important part, take that plan stick it in a drawer and have a few cool ones with your favorite adult beverage and blow that budget all to hell. I seen to have a multi-restore average of 25% initial budget to about %150 percent over budget. Put the parts on a special ZR-1 account.Hate to choose between wifey and ZR-1 but logically there are still a bunch of NOS parts for the ZR-1, wifey NOS parts are no longer available.
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022   #13
Vette Guy

I'd have to research my source, but believe your ZR-1 was a "Other Market Export" in the GM system, and spent some time in Atlanta. Would be interested to see your build sheet. That said, agree with Corvette95:

- Read everything you can. Loads of help here.
- Purchase the Field Service Manual - believe many are now electronic and way cheaper than what many of us paid for the hard-copy. Make sure to get both the Electrical and LT5 Supplements as well
- Find a ODB1 scan tool. Doesn't need to be an expensive model (Tech 1/Snapon), but later you will want one.
- Make your to do list and prioritize.
- Lots of parts are available, and vendors such as Jerry's Gaskets and Mirrock Corvette have much of what you'll need.
- You have a project ahead of you, but also an opportunity to make your ZR-1 just the way you want it.

Good luck, stick with it, and keep us posted on your progress!

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote