ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1/ZR1 Corvette Shows & Events

Old 07-08-2011   #11
DaveK

Default Re: Car show display ideas??????? Where do you get this made?

Those stands look good Craig, but I can imagine the shipping to you would be crazy. I had mine initially printed out using the Plak-It printing. That gives you a very solid end-result, almost like a wooden plaque. That worked okay on a regular easal with shortened legs but wasn't great in wind.

Usually people have them set on foam core board which is very lightweight. I've seen those having problems in wind too. Which is why I thought I'd try a different route.

At the moment I've had it reprinted as a regular poster and then laminated. Just taping that inside the windshield works well.

Bob. What do you use as a stand? I'm assuming you got the foam core from Troy?
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #12
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhi View Post
Craig, too bad you didn't go with Troy http://www.customshowboards.com/

He made mine last year and did a great job. I'm pretty fortunate because he lives here and does most of the shows around here. Pretty reasonable in pricing also. I would highly recommend him for our "waxers"....
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the recommendation and he does very nice work. The only reason I could not go that route is I don't have any nice quality photos of the car yet. Once I get it titled and plated here I will take it around for a photoshoot and eventually try to make a board with photos and details.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #13
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Those stands look good Craig, but I can imagine the shipping to you would be crazy. I had mine initially printed out using the Plak-It printing. That gives you a very solid end-result, almost like a wooden plaque. That worked okay on a regular easal with shortened legs but wasn't great in wind.

Usually people have them set on foam core board which is very lightweight. I've seen those having problems in wind too. Which is why I thought I'd try a different route.

At the moment I've had it reprinted as a regular poster and then laminated. Just taping that inside the windshield works well.

Bob. What do you use as a stand? I'm assuming you got the foam core from Troy?
Thanks Dave. The one I am ordering is composite plastic so a little heavy, but I will plan to have it weighted down if windy. I thought about your other idea to have a design sent and done locally, but you would not imagine how expensive everything and anything is here.

The one I chose will ship for $16, but I kind of did like the thought of a PC'd metal stand that is held under the tire and I wanted to customize with something ZR-1 maybe billet from Carter. We'll see how it goes so many nice options out there, but good to get the recommendations from the brotherhood.

By the way, very nice website!!!!!
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 07-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote