ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-28-2013   #11
Schrade

Default Re: Delco Bose AUX Input soldered connection...

Chuck H / binghamtone ;

eMail sent there - I haven't gone back over the schematic, re.; cancel CD drive power, and still get signal from CD channels when the jack is inserted...

This could be only a physical switch in the optical drive tray, which closes a circuit. A ground (-) perhaps???

One of the terminals in the jack IS a ground - could the CD interrupt switch / ground be integrated INTO the jack's ground (-) ?

If you get yours pulled before I do, and find the switch, get some snappics posted here...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #12
XfireZ51

Hib,

Which Pioneer model are you talking about? I have an AVIC D3 and would like to connect my iPhone 4 to it. Read about the Pioneer module but doesn't seem to work well from comments. Any info would be of interest. I know later models of the Pioneer unit offer more sophisticated integration.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #13
-=Jeff=-

Check out the App Radio 2 or App Radio 3 (new)

I have the App Radio 2.. it works with iPhone/iPod and Android
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #14
Hog

Confabulation-

1. the act of confabulating; conversation; discussion.

2. Psychiatry-the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

I had to look that word up, obviously the first definition works here. It was used by XFireZ51 back in 2009 as well. Good word.

Thanks for sharing the audio work Schrade, that info could be useful to many people.
I hope you find a workaround for the CD mainboard powerup routine.

Thanks again.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #15
binghamtone

Schrade,
I don't have a complete schematic for the inside of the head unit, but I'm now thinking you may need to add a small amount of circuitry to defeat the CD "on" while still selecting the shared audio input from your added jack. I searched the web unsuccessfully for any schematics or even block diagrams of the head unit innards - I am leaning towards getting a spare head unit on one of these forums or eBay to use as an experimental unit.
binghamtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #16
xlr8nflorida

Maybe I'm getting old (40) but my BOSE system sounds fine to me - actually pretty damn good and I have had some high end stereo systems in some of my cars.

Most times when people complain the system is not working properly. If you have a full refurb from Dr. Don, the system sounds damn good.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #17
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8nflorida View Post
Maybe I'm getting old (40) but my BOSE system sounds fine to me - actually pretty damn good and I have had some high end stereo systems in some of my cars.

Most times when people complain the system is not working properly. If you have a full refurb from Dr. Don, the system sounds damn good.
I am old ! On the 94 the stereo system sound's fine to me , MUCH better than the earlier car's.
I'd Like to get the I-Pod connected if possible. That would help out on the long trip's.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #18
383z28

Ok this is what I am looking at I tried connecting to the red and black wires which on your radio were blue and white and now cd player wont power up ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130728_140437.jpg (189.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20130728_140450.jpg (165.6 KB, 33 views)
383z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #19
383z28

I unconnected the aux completely and the cd still wont power up at all so now I have a different issue that will have to be addressed before it will work I guess.
383z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #20
Schrade

It won't power up, and you re-connected the original connections?

How 'bout the cassette?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote