ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-02-2023   #11
Mikey

Default Re: Removing tight hydraulic line from slave cylinder

I have always been able to push enough with hand to start the nuts. Even after bleeding the system first.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023   #12
mlipmd

Default Re: Removing tight hydraulic line from slave cylinder

I got my problem resolved and my clutch back in order and am giving you guys my solution.
My Yankee ingenuity has solved my problem of how to compress the spring in the slave with very little room and leverage lying underneath the car, and getting the job done in 5 seconds with the help of someone else to assist.
Using a straightened out metal coat hanger with a small loop on the end, I pulled a length of 1/4" line through under the car, alongside the current hydraulic line (outboard of the catalytic converter and exhaust), and looped it over the hydraulic line fitting on the slave, then back underneath to the front of the car. With my significant other pulling on the two lines, she could easily compress the spring in the slave allowing me to get it into position and easily hold it there while I put the two nuts on, then tightened them up. Using an assistant like this to pull the slave into place from the front of the car made this difficult task take maybe only 5 seconds.
Then it took about 10 min to get the system bled and check for leaks.
And now all's good. I have a proper clutch now with all clean fluid inside the system.
So try this trick, it's real quick and easy, no cursing at inanimate objects, no bruised knuckles, just get someone to help and to pull it from the front.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote