ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

View Poll Results: ZR-1 owners, what is your age group?
-20 1 0.18%
20-29 27 4.80%
30-39 108 19.22%
40-49 147 26.16%
50-59 143 25.44%
60+ 136 24.20%
Voters: 562. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013   #131
Paul in SC

Default Re: How old are the ZR-1 owners?

You are too much!

I married my soul mate a few years back, finally after 28 years to another. She came with only one bag, a 1980 pristine Corvette. The match from heaven.
1993 ZR-1 - "The Green Thing", LPE/LSV 385; 2021 HTC, Red Mist Metallic, Cool gray interior, stainless dual stripes; ZR-1 Net Registry #1376

Last edited by Paul in SC; 01-18-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #132
captcorvette

Lance I am trying to clear my schedule enough to make the Red Devil's game against city. Will know for sure when the time gets a bit closer as I have a mate there with tickets. If my schedule can get enough room to make the trip from Dubai to Manchester and back then perhaps we can meet up?
Wayne
captcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #133
LancePearson

Sounds good to me...april 6 is the derby at Old Trafford. I fly to manchester the night of april 4 and back to the states the 7th. Staying in hotel next to the airport. Stay in touch.

Lance P.
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #134
captcorvette

Will do. My email is listed. Feel free to use it if you want.
Wayne
captcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #135
Bob Eyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePearson View Post
Paul, Yes, them's my sentiments. I have a wide range of interests, am a mystery novel author, pro level photographer, kayaked the coast of Maine last summer over two weeks and stay busy with my two greyhounds. After becoming a widower a few years ago I was active socially but the gals my age come, as do I, with so much baggage it just got to be more bother than it's worth so I won't rule it out but I'm really mostly following my own interests. First time in my life I'm not responsible for someone, running a big company, family, etc. and it has many advantages. if in a big relationship I'd wonder if I'd own two Corvettes or if I'd be furniture shopping and talking about wall colors. I think I like where I'm at after 47 years of the other situation.

I'm headed in early April to Manchester, England where I have a ticket to see Manchester United play Man City in their Derby at Old Trafford in Manchester then the Gathering with the Z in May then Colorado in late June to attend a friend from colleges 50th and have lunch with my old roommate from college before that event. May do a long fall blue ridge parkway drive with the Z.

So far, life is pretty fair if occasionally modestly lonely. I've ducked one tall rich gal who lives here two blocks from me not because she hasn't got potential as she's attractive and rich but because she has no people skills whatsoever. A 62 year old CRN...anesthetist. She works best with people who are out on the table beneath her...just ask three doctor husbands who exited stage left! Trouble is, she has lots of potential but about 20 minutes is about all I could manage so quietly exited stage left. 5'9" and 138 pounds she has cared well for herself and her bank account is nearly 8 numbers. Sad she isn't better balanced with people.

See, there are frustrations! I just get in the Z and have fun and it gets much better. With no involvement which is my choice I'm only concerned about her becoming a vindictive stalker.

All you young guys, if you thought you had women trouble you ought to try ducking this gal some time!

lance p.
Our hearts are bleeding for you Lance It must be tough trying to dodge those millionairess's, ( Is that a word?). But hey, there's a lot that can be accomplished in those twenty minutes, a few times a week . So give her a break, she may have skills you're unaware of.
Have fun in Manchester, my Dad's from there, and I'm rather habituated to Boddington's Ale. I've been around the Isle a few times on business, but never to Manchester. Have a "Boddies" for me.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #136
LancePearson

LOL...have seen all the RWWos tricks and they arent up to par! She gets a C- in intimacy with an A+ body!

I am just an ordinary guy so not in big demand but did enjoy four years of social life as a widower before deciding four wheels were simpler than Victorias Secret! At my age if you are vertical and independent and can string two thoughts together you dont always have to look like paul newman did tho that is a plus!

Been there, done that.

Cars are simpler!
Old 01-19-2013   #137
Fully Vetted

Lance, what you need to do it take Ms. Howell on a ride in your Z. And I don't mean a ride around the block. I mean a tire smoking, pavement pounding, grab a hold of something on the dash, a$$ hanging out around the curves with smoke boiling off the tires ride. Then you let her know that's how you plan on living the rest of your life. She'll let you know real quick if she's up for it. If she is, great. If not you really haven't lmissed out on much except maybe some good furniture sales.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #138
LancePearson

Now that's good advice! Either way, the driver wins! Actually, she's been in my '76 but has no invite to ride in this one. If she had an operating manual and was repairable I'd consider it but, alas, the RWW has neither and has not met hardly any of the tests nor will. I promised my daughter I wouldn't date anyone her age either.

I do have two girls, probably like a lot of you, but they have eight hare's paws between them, none of which is allowed in either Corvette's Leather Interior! Two rescued greyhounds who go from 0-48 mph in six, sixteen foot strides. Old Lance Armstrong once had his, during effort, epo and all, Tour de France ride miked at 203 beats per minute. greyhounds when racing can hit 400 beats per minute with that 50% larger heart of theirs. Just like Ferraris, Porsches and Corvettes, it pays to have years and years of breeding for a purpose. One of my dogs won money in 82 of 135 races in two point five years and was very fast...averaged 40 mph from a standing start in winning races.

They are incredible company, gentle and smart girls as company and, if truth be told, did not like my new ZR-1 because I spent time in my warm, insulated garage with her from Dec. 11 on instead of with them as company. They are a touch spoiled, a blue and a brindle girl of 60 and 56 pounds respectively.

It just, in quiet moments, seems like such a waste regarding the 62 year old RWW but that's beyond my control. Sort of like a fillet that's spoiled!

What's in my control is the very same throttle you refer to!

It's hard not to listen to the sound of the beast as it winds up and is very, very addictive.

I wonder how many pounds I'd go through in gasoline billes on the English Motorways with one? A few, I'd wager.
Lance P.
Old 04-20-2013   #139
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePearson View Post
....snip....

I do have two girls, probably like a lot of you, but they have eight hare's paws between them, none of which is allowed in either Corvette's Leather Interior! Two rescued greyhounds who go from 0-48 mph in six, sixteen foot strides. Old Lance Armstrong once had his, during effort, epo and all, Tour de France ride miked at 203 beats per minute. greyhounds when racing can hit 400 beats per minute with that 50% larger heart of theirs. Just like Ferraris, Porsches and Corvettes, it pays to have years and years of breeding for a purpose. One of my dogs won money in 82 of 135 races in two point five years and was very fast...averaged 40 mph from a standing start in winning races.

They are incredible company, gentle and smart girls as company and, if truth be told, did not like my new ZR-1 because I spent time in my warm, insulated garage with her from Dec. 11 on instead of with them as company. They are a touch spoiled, a blue and a brindle girl of 60 and 56 pounds respectively.

.... snip....
Lance P.

Just so happens that April is greyhound month
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/ado...nd_month.shtml

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #140
LancePearson

Cool, but I am full up with two at the moment!
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461